Any thoughts of bringing back the old Timeline editor? (Or rather creating a new one?)

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 18291
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 12 2019 12:26 PM

I'd love to be able to make my own timelines in Logos. 

Posts 25400
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 12 2019 2:20 PM

Yes

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8567
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 12 2019 2:59 PM

Rosie Perera:

Great idea. What type of events would like to include in them?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 18291
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 12 2019 4:03 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Rosie Perera:

Great idea. What type of events would like to include in them?

I personally would use it to make study sheets for myself to familiarize myself with relative dates of persons (their lifespan) or events. The idea actually was kicking around in my head about composers (was listening to a classical piece on the radio and was trying to test myself to see if I could figure out who it was by; I thought it was earlier than Mozart, so could it be Vivaldi, Bach? It turned out to be Handel), which has nothing to do with Bible study. But if I had a handy tool in Logos I'd use it for other things like that too. I know there are other standalone timeline editing software products, and I've played around with a couple of them. But it would be cool to be able to have it integrated into Logos so you could have links from people's names or events to the encyclopedia entry with more info about that person or event.

Could be useful for teaching, making infographics for presentations, etc.

But I guess Faithlife has already evaluated this and decided firmly against it. Sad

https://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-5/suggestions/508583-user-generated-data-timelines 

Posts 8567
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 12 2019 4:11 PM

Rosie Perera:
I personally would use it to make study sheets for myself to familiarize myself with relative dates of persons (their lifespan) or events.

I could see the usefulness of this.

Rosie Perera:

But I guess Faithlife has already evaluated this and decided firmly against it. Sad

https://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-5/suggestions/508583-user-generated-data-timelines 

Well that is pretty clear. Sad but crystal clear. Sad

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 7782
LogosEmployee

We have finite resources, and this one didn't make the cut.

Posts 8567
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 12 2019 5:53 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

I think we all understand that. Choices need to be made.

Posts 1329
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 13 2019 6:34 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Next time when you could  try to get a summer trainee interested in this?

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS