I have Logos Standard Gold, can I use Logos 8 中文 Library without Chinese Features set?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 394
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 23 2019 6:21 AM

I have asked this to Customer Service, thought of getting some feedback from this forum.

I have had Logos 7 English & Chinese, and now I have upgraded to a few Logos 8 Base Packages in English.

Can I somehow get a Logos 8 中文 Library without the Chinese Features, and still able to use it in Logos 8? I have the English Full Features set.

I use English `mode' all the times..

Thanks & God bless.

Leo Wee Fah

Posts 1222
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 23 2019 7:10 AM

Leo Wee Fah:

Can I somehow get a Logos 8 中文 Library without the Chinese Features, and still able to use it in Logos 8?

As far as I know it is not possible to buy a Logos 8 Library in a specific language separately from a feature set in that language. The only exception are the Bilingüe/Bilingual base packages in the Spanish department.

Like you, I use English "mode" most of the times even though I also own the German Logos 8 feature set. There are many more Logos users in similar situations: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/175041.aspx 

Posts 277
LogosEmployee
Philip Peng | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 23 2019 9:16 AM

Leo Wee Fah:

I have asked this to Customer Service, thought of getting some feedback from this forum.

I have had Logos 7 English & Chinese, and now I have upgraded to a few Logos 8 Base Packages in English.

Can I somehow get a Logos 8 中文 Library without the Chinese Features, and still able to use it in Logos 8? I have the English Full Features set.

I use English `mode' all the times..

Thanks & God bless.

Leo Wee Fah

Hi, Leo Wee Fah,

Thank you for your inquiry.  Sorry, you cannot just buy the Chinese library without the Chinese feature set.  In fact, Chinese feature set has some Chinese features and datasets that are not included in the English feature set.  They will be very helpful for your ministries and studies.  If there are some features that are duplicated, our dynamic pricing system will automatically calculate it for you, so you won't pay for the features you already owned.  Please let us know if you have any other questions.  Thank you.

Best regards,

Philip

Posts 394
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 23 2019 5:36 PM

I was hoping to be able to spend less money... I have invested quite some money during these 3 months Crying

God bless.

Posts 878
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 24 2019 6:29 PM

Hi, I post a way to do this, with limitation that works best for Bronze, in https://community.logos.com/forums/p/179273/1035881.aspx#1035881

Try if it works for you.

I suspect this should also work for German Logos but haven't confirmed it.

Spread the word if it works for you so people can save money from buying unnecessary stuffs.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS