ERROR - Wiersbe Bible Study Series not indexed for "Series" or "Subject"

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3661
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 14 2019 1:44 PM

I discovered that the books in the Wiersbe Bible Study Series are not tagged for either the series or for the subjects. Though this information is in the title, the details are missing from the two other categories - meaning that subject and series searches in the library for this material will not find them.

Specifically, I was looking for the book on the Gospel of John from this series. Without the indexing, I reverted to an author search and then manually scanning for the correct book.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 9961
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2019 3:38 PM

Floyd Johnson:
I discovered that the books in the Wiersbe Bible Study Series are not tagged for either the series or for the subjects.

This is not unusual: Those are eBooks rather than Logos editions. One drawback to that is the reduced tagging: they will always be type:monograph with no subject data (and no bible index inside either). The series tagging you can rectify yourself, what you'd put into the subject you may want to include as mytag:

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 3661
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2019 6:48 PM

NB.Mick:
This is not unusual: Those are eBooks rather than Logos editions.

Thanks - I did not realize these were not LOGOS books. It would be nice to see these offered as LOGOS editions.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 9961
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2019 11:10 PM

Floyd Johnson:

NB.Mick:
This is not unusual: Those are eBooks rather than Logos editions.

Thanks - I did not realize these were not LOGOS books. It would be nice to see these offered as LOGOS editions.

Maybe they will - they have been pulled from the FL eBooks-store, which could indicate that they will be worked over and come back one time as Logos editions (if this happens you'll receive a free update on the Logos version of the book, then most probably including a subject and a series field, as well as a bible index).

People looking for Wiersbe material these days can go for the "be series" which is in Logos already.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS