commentaries in passage guide

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 633
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 3 2010 2:46 PM

For some unknown reason commentaries now appear as the last item in the left pane of my passage guide. No matter how many times I have moved it to the position I want for it (just below my content) whenever I restart Logos 4.0c, it always ends up at the bottom. This is even true when I go to layouts. Although the snap shot show "commentaries" where I put them, when I click on the layout it places commentaries at the bottom of the left hand pane. This is even true for layouts I have named. Any suggestions?

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

Posts 27469
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 3 2010 4:28 PM

Please supply an image of your guide template and clarify whether there is an issue with the left hand pane vs. position within the template.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 633
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 3 2010 4:45 PM

Dave,

I fixed the problem by deleting all of the categories in the left hand pane and then added them in the order that I wanted them. Now the commentaries remain in the position I assigned them.

Soli Deo Glria,

Randy

Posts 633
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 3 2010 6:58 PM

There is definitely something wrong with the left panel of the passage guide. I cannot permanently change the order of the categories  (commentaries, biblical people, biblical places, biblical things, etc.) without deleting all categories and them adding them in the new order. If I simple move the category it only remains in the new position during that session. When I close Logos and reopen it the categories revert to the previous order.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 3 2010 7:31 PM

Are you trying to edit the default Logos passage guide that existed when you installed the program?

If so go to tools, and select the option to create a new guide template. Then build your passage guide with the items you want, in the order you want them and name it My Passage Guide.

Posts 633
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 4 2010 8:39 AM

Fred, I was trying to change the order of the categories on the default passage guide. The video on the passage guide says that is possible by dragging a category to a new position (order) in the list of categories. That works temporarily, but if I close Logos and reopen it, the order reverts back to the previous one. Again, the only way for me to permanently change the order is to delete all categories and and add them back one at a time in the order I want them to appear.

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 4 2010 10:25 AM

RandallCue:

Fred, I was trying to change the order of the categories on the default passage guide. The video on the passage guide says that is possible by dragging a category to a new position (order) in the list of categories. That works temporarily, but if I close Logos and reopen it, the order reverts back to the previous one. Again, the only way for me to permanently change the order is to delete all categories and and add them back one at a time in the order I want them to appear.

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

If you create a custom guide and name it My Passage Guide, the program will recongize that as your new default and will run that guide if you begin your study from the Home Page. I personally prefer to have my own guide (I actually have several) and I use a number of different layouts to better manage workflow.

Posts 633
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 4 2010 12:58 PM

Fred, I tried your suggestion. It did not clear up the problem (which also exists for the exegetical guide by the way). I cannot move a category up or down on the list permanently.  For example, if I decide I'd like the commentaries move from position 2 to position 4, I'd drag it to the new position. It will stay in that position for the rest of that session. If I close Logos and then reopen it, commentaries appears in position 2 again and not in position 4 where I had moved it. This happens in my own guides and in the default guides.

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 4 2010 1:27 PM

For the custom Guides in L4, you need to edit them:

1. Click on the tab's icon
  2. Click on Edit Guide Template
  3. This will open the edit mode for the Guide, there you can drag your  category/collection to the place you want it. Then it will stay there.

hope this helps

Edit: when you do this for the Exegetical Guide, it is going to create a custom Exeg. Guide, so don't forget to rename it before closing it. Then the new Exeg. Guide will appear in the list under Custom Guides

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS