No plain text formatting when copying Bible text?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1

I don't recall this in Logos 7 and it's driving me crazy in Logos 8. When I copy a verse into my sermon editor, it's formatted very nicely. But I just want the plain text. Is there any way to change/remove this formatting? I know I can use the Bible Copy Tool but that's another panel and great for achieving custom formatting. I just need plain text. Thanks for any help!

Posts 22013
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 12 2019 1:51 PM

Hi Jon - and welcome to the forums

Jon McGuirt:
When I copy a verse into my sermon editor, it's formatted very nicely. But I just want the plain text. Is there any way to change/remove this formatting?

I'm sorry but I don't know any way of doing this - and it hasn't changed since Logos 7 in this regard!

It has been requested but I don't recall seeing a response from Faithlife to say this will be provided.

Graham

Posts 885
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 12 2019 4:30 PM

You can set it up in settings/preferences.

also, there‘s “copy bible verse” helping you to format the verse you copy: https://wiki.logos.com/Copy_Bible_Verses

Posts 2834
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 12 2019 8:44 PM

Jon McGuirt:
When I copy a verse into my sermon editor, it's formatted very nicely. But I just want the plain text. Is there any way to change/remove this formatting?

There's an easy two-step method. Copy the text and paste it into a plain text editor like Notepad (for Windows). Then copy and paste it into your sermon editor.

If your sermon editor is a word processor like Windows, you can choose the 'destination formatting' paste option to get text that matches your current entry.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS