Compiling verses in PBB's

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3173
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Apr 4 2019 4:04 AM

I have noticed that when I use, i.e. 2 Timothy 4:2, 5, within the doc it is formatted as such 

[[4:2,5 >> logosres:hcsb;ref=Bible.2 tim4:2,5]], it does not produced the desired link in the document, any suggestions? This happens whenever I have any verse that appears in such a way regardless of combination, regardless of book referenced: 4:2,5 or 5:3,5,8.

This is a sample of the text in the docx file:

This unit begins with a very strong orienter ([[4:1 >> logosres:hcsb;ref=Bible.2 tim4:1]]) which introduces two sets of imperatives ([[4:2,5 >> logosres:hcsb;ref=Bible.2 tim4:2,5]]). Both sets are supported by statements of grounds ([[4:3-4  >> logosres:hcsb;ref=Bible.2 tim4:3-4]] and [[6-10 >> logosres:hcsb;ref=Bible.2 tim4.6-10]]) which are introduced by γὰρ: 'because' ([[4:3,6 >> logosres:hcsb;ref=Bible.2 tim4:3,6]]). The orienter is expanded by the remark that Christ will judge the living and the dead and by reference to his appearing and reign. Structurally, these are a part of the orienter and make it more impressive and are given in the display as grounds of [[4:1a >> logosres:hcsb;ref=Bible.2 tim4:1a]]. At the same time, however, they are also grounds for the commands in [[4:2 >> logosres:hcsb;ref=Bible.2 tim4:2]] and [[5 >> logosres:hcsb;ref=Bible.2 tim4.5]].

Posts 13342
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 4 2019 4:09 AM

Whyndell Gizzard:
I have noticed that when I use, i.e. 2 Timothy 4:2, 5, within the doc it is formatted as such 

You can't link to non-contiguous verses. This is a logos-wide restriction, not just a PBB one. You have two options:

[[4:2,5 >> logosres:hcsb;ref=Bible.2 tim4:2-5]]

or

[[4:2>> logosres:hcsb;ref=Bible.2 tim4:2]],[[5 >> logosres:hcsb;ref=Bible.2 tim4:5]]

Also, do you mean to specifically link to the HCSB? If not, you should be using:

logosref:Bible.2 tim4:2

Posts 3173
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 4 2019 4:37 AM

Thanks for the info- yes linking to HCSB, my choice translation is NRSV, this way I see both in pop-up.

logosref:bible.2 tim4:2- can this be set as a hot key item, I'm not aware of how this works. I guess I mean as a macro.

Posts 24839
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 6 2019 4:16 PM

A macro would be similar to one you use for logosres as the bible reference follows bible. i.e.  insert logosref:bible. before the bible reference.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS