Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 26 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 16
Craig D'Ambrosio | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 19 2019 8:29 AM

Hello Dev Team,

Are you getting close to a fix?  We are struggling here!  We are unable to use any motion backgrounds which significantly limits our Sunday options. I actually had two gentlemen recently ask me what's wrong with our presentation software.  They wanted to know why we no longer use videos in our songs.  I had to tell them that our previous software (Easy Worship) worked fine but the new software doesn't.  I then found myself trying to justify to them why I switched and what I am going to do about it.  It was an embarrassing and belittling conversation, to say the least.  Please, Please, Please fix the issue!

Posts 1
Gilbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 6 2020 8:36 AM

Having same issue with the flickering. It happens with video motion backgrounds only. Is there a fix yet? 

Thanks

Posts 1
Joel Robbins | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 5 2020 7:02 AM

The flickering issue occurs regularly with shorter motion background videos. As already suggested, it seems to occur when the video is about to loop and at the same time you transition to another slide (using the same motion background video).

Having longer motion background videos will help as there will be less chance of transitioning to another slide when the video is about to loop, so we are appreciative of any motion background videos that are longer instead of shorter. This obviously will not solve the issue, but it should come up less. 

Posts 1
Bruce Colgate | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 9 2022 3:42 PM

Hi Craig! 

Having the same problem here.  Did the developer's ever fix the problem?  Looping backgrounds never loop correctly- always a stutter or black frame at the loop point.  Thanks!

Posts 2
Bartek Przybyla | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 10 2022 12:30 AM

No they didn't, we're still experiencing this problem... Honestly, this is unacceptable, we're paying for a program that's supposed to work on Windows. This issue is present from 2019 and it's not a small thing - it's a basic functionality of the software. We're seriously considering switching to a different solution. Is there any chance this will fixed? And soon?

Posts 16
Craig D'Ambrosio | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 10 2022 8:31 AM

Hi Bruce,

We are still experiencing the flicker issue.  I have performed every recommendation they have proposed and it still occurs.  Our workaround is to use Windows Video Editor to create a 5 minute version of every looping video to minimize the seems.  This has 99% addressed the issue on our end but it is a lot of unnecessary work on my part. Proclaim support suspects that it might be related to my NVIDIA card but I have tried two different models with no change.  One of the cards I tried was a $300 gaming card and that made no difference.  I'll gather more information on my computer specs when I'm back at the church this week and post them here for comparison.  Maybe we can find a common element between our setups. 

Posts 176
LogosEmployee
Brandon Adent (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 10 2022 3:50 PM

Thanks for checking in on this.

We made some changes to Proclaim in January 2021, and then again in July that should have eliminated some of these issues, but sadly this can still happen when looping a motion background.

Unfortunately, this is because of a bug in Microsoft code. I can actually reproduce the black flash outside of Proclaim by opening a video file in Windows Media Player and setting it to loop. I tried this with a couple motions and got the same behavior every time. We've worked with Microsoft to make sure that we're using their code correctly, and opened a bug report with them when it didn't. That ticket is at https://github.com/dotnet/wpf/issues/5654 if you're interested in following it.

Sorry for the continued disruption here. Probably the best way around this is to use longer motion backgrounds so that they loop less frequently.

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS