Highlights Missing In Mobile App (iOS)?

Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 32 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 209
Jeff Terrell | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 12 2019 6:41 AM

After a recent update of the iOS mobile app, I discovered an interesting oddity. I have many highlights on my desktop version of Logos 8 that are not showing on my Logos 8 iOS app. 

I am attaching a screenshot of my highlights of Ephesians 5 from my desktop version and then one from my mobile app. You will notice a ton of highlights missing on the iOS app.

I searched in the mobile app to see if there is a "View" setting like there is on the desktop where I may have to turn on highlights from other groups. But, this just seemed odd.

Am I missing something or is this a known issue?

Thanks in advance!

Posts 27139
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2019 7:27 AM

Are you using the old notes engine, or the new one? 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 209
Jeff Terrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2019 8:05 AM

Good question. How do I check that?

Posts 27139
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2019 8:34 AM

Well, I don't actually know. There have been some reports in the past few weeks of users with a similar problem. However, I am not sure if this is related or not. Some questions might help troubleshoot. 

• Which specific versions of the software engine are you running (on both desktop & mobile)? 
  • Do you have a current Faithlife Connect subscription? 
  • Have you purchased a full feature set for L8? Which one? 

EDIT: I just remembered another issue, which may be in effect here. Is the resource downloaded on mobile? If not, make sure to download it. 

Posts 209
Jeff Terrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2019 9:14 AM

Thanks so much! The resource is downloaded on mobile.

• Desktop (8.3.0.0034 - 8.3 SR-3); Mobile (8.2.1.0038)
  • I do not have a Faithlife Connect subscription 
  • I have Logos 8 Collector's Edition

Hope this helps. Thanks so much for your help!

Posts 206
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2019 10:12 AM

Hi Jeff,

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with this.

Please do the following:

1. Open the app.
  2. Tap the  Menu icon.
  3. Tap  Help.
  4. Press "Report a Problem"

A pre-addressed email will open with a log file attached automatically. Please enter a description of the problem. When finished, press "Send" to send your report. A technician will reply as soon as possible.

Posts 209
Jeff Terrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2019 10:15 AM

Thank you so much! 

I just submitted it.

Posts 209
Jeff Terrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 26 2019 3:32 PM

Logos tech support has really been working hard to help me, but they have not been able to replicate my issue. I have let "sync" run 14+ hours on my iOS device with AT&T Fiber, and the highlights still have not synced.

My question for Logos iOS users: has anyone else been experiencing anything like this?

The "out of sync" began with the update that added the "anchor" feature to notes.

Thank you!

Posts 10
G.E. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 28 2019 6:53 PM

I'm having the exact same problem, and came to the forum to find an answer.

I let Logos update the software automatically, both on Mac and iOS, so I assume that means I've updated to the latest Logos Notes format.

I'm using latest Logos Mac 8.4, and latest iOS version that the App Store gives me when running latest iOS version.

Posts 27139
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 28 2019 8:08 PM

G.E.:

I'm having the exact same problem, and came to the forum to find an answer.

I let Logos update the software automatically, both on Mac and iOS, so I assume that means I've updated to the latest Logos Notes format.

I'm using latest Logos Mac 8.4, and latest iOS version that the App Store gives me when running latest iOS version.

There are many different reasons this could happen. Please create a new thread explaining your issue clearly, providing appropriate details. Screenshots may help

Posts 209
Jeff Terrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 28 2019 8:26 PM

Alabama24, would there not be value in having G.E. post the details here?

The reason I ask is because I followed the many suggestions Logos gave me to resolve my issue, and they were unable to resolve it because they were unable to recreate it.

I have a suspicion it is a bug but until we can document multiple issues, they may not have what they need to identify it as such.

Posts 27139
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 28 2019 8:36 PM

Jeff Terrell:
Alabama24, would there not be value in having G.E. post the details here?

My opinion? No. 

1) Similar symptoms do not necessarily mean “the same problem.”

2) If there is an actual bug, 100 threads are more powerful than 100 posts in 1 thread. 

3) The forums allow for conversations to take place, but there are different kinds of conversations. When a user needs help, it is better not to have others keep interrupting them. 

Posts 27139
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 28 2019 8:57 PM

Jeff Terrell:
I searched in the mobile app to see if there is a "View" setting like there is on the desktop where I may have to turn on highlights from other groups.

By "groups," did you mean "notebooks" (formerly documents)? On the desktop, can you check to see if they are all in the same one or not? If not, can you figure out which one(s) are showing and which ones are not? 

Posts 27139
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 28 2019 9:04 PM

Jeff - I also see that you have 27 tabs open! Have you tried killing them all, killing the app, restarting the device, and then try opening the app again? 

Posts 209
Jeff Terrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 29 2019 5:48 AM

Fair enough. Thanks for the explanation.

Posts 209
Jeff Terrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 29 2019 5:51 AM

Yes. I meant “notebooks”. Logos support asked me to check the Visual Filters settings on my desktop. I had a ton of notebooks checked so I unchecked all but my main notebook and am still noticing a ton of highlights and notes that show on my desktop and are not visible on iOS.

Posts 209
Jeff Terrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 29 2019 5:51 AM

I will try that...closing the apps.

Posts 27139
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 29 2019 10:43 AM

Jeff Terrell:

Yes. I meant “notebooks”. Logos support asked me to check the Visual Filters settings on my desktop. I had a ton of notebooks checked so I unchecked all but my main notebook and am still noticing a ton of highlights and notes that show on my desktop and are not visible on iOS.

It might be worth further exploring to see if you can determine which notebooks work, and which ones don’t. That may help discover the issue. 

Posts 209
Jeff Terrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 29 2019 6:33 PM

I closed all my tabs except for the ESV and ran a sync on all my data. It still does not show many of my highlights. I don’t know how to adjust what notebooks are displayed  on iOS to try your other suggestion. I believe all the notebooks are visible by default in iOS.

(Thanks for your troubleshooting with me!)

Posts 27139
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 29 2019 6:43 PM

What I mean is this: On your DESKTOP, figure out which notebooks these highlights are in. Then on MOBILE, figure out which notebooks are showing. Are all highlights from notebook A showing, but none from notebook B? If you can figure those things out, it may give a clue. 

Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS