New to all of this

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Denise Meyer | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 17 2019 5:05 AM

I am new to Logos and it's a bit overwhelming. Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone. I gave my life over to the Lord in 1969 at the age of 18. It's been full of ups and downs (more ups than downs) and I am so glad I accepted the Lord as my Savior. I wasn't one who had a dramatic conversion but it has given me such peace knowing I have Someone who will listen to me anytime; lift me up when I've fallen; loved me unconditionally and so much more.

I was born in the Bronx NY, moved to Long Island NY, then to Pennsylvania and now Florida. I live in an assisted living facility now and it's been almost 2 years.

My dream was to get married and have children. That wasn't the Lord's Will, but I have been there to watch 2 of my 3 nieces grow up to beautiful women. I have a sister who's 2 years and 8 months older than I (she lives here in FL) and a brother who is 11 years younger than I and lives in Illinois.

Please bear with me as I learn everything there is on Logos.

Thank you

Peace is seeing a sunrise or sunset and knowing Whom to thank

Posts 32
Leigh Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 17 2019 5:18 AM

Welcome to Logos.  It can indeed be overwhelming at first but you don't need to learn it all at once.  There are some very helpful training videos at https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019103211-Logos-8-Videos.  These forums are also a great place to ask questions.  Best wishes and the Lord be with you.

Posts 853
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 17 2019 5:27 AM

Denise Meyer:

I am new to Logos and it's a bit overwhelming. Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone. I gave my life over to the Lord in 1969 at the age of 18. It's been full of ups and downs (more ups than downs) and I am so glad I accepted the Lord as my Savior. I wasn't one who had a dramatic conversion but it has given me such peace knowing I have Someone who will listen to me anytime; lift me up when I've fallen; loved me unconditionally and so much more.

I was born in the Bronx NY, moved to Long Island NY, then to Pennsylvania and now Florida. I live in an assisted living facility now and it's been almost 2 years.

My dream was to get married and have children. That wasn't the Lord's Will, but I have been there to watch 2 of my 3 nieces grow up to beautiful women. I have a sister who's 2 years and 8 months older than I (she lives here in FL) and a brother who is 11 years younger than I and lives in Illinois.

Please bear with me as I learn everything there is on Logos.

Thank you

Hi Denise. Welcome. I wish I'd known earlier on that there are monthly sales. 

https://www.logos.com/monthly-sale

And monthly free books

https://www.logos.com/free-book-of-the-month

Posts 3112
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 17 2019 5:28 AM

Welcome to the forums, Denise!

Logos can be a bit overwhelming, even after we've used it for a while, because it has so many tools and features that we might not be accustomed to.

I think we're all still learning about the program from each other, which is why the forum is a great place to ask questions and discover new things.

For an introduction to the program, the QuickStart videos are a great option! If you haven't watched them yet, you can find them in your library by searching for quickstart:

Logos also offers a free training course on studying the bible with Logos. There is a shorter version, or a longer version of the course.

There are many additional resources for learning about Logos, such as the wiki and Logos Pro videos. If you have specific questions, please feel free to ask, and a forum member will be happy to help.

May God bless your efforts, Denise, as you learn more about Logos and the bible.

Posts 6157
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 17 2019 5:48 AM

Welcome Denise # 2! We have another Denise, we’ll just call her Denise # 1 going forward 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 111
Dave Colclough | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 17 2019 1:59 PM

Welcome Denise! 👋

Posts 176
Puddin’ | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 18 2019 3:50 AM

Welcome Denise!  I am also relatively new to Logos—and yes, it CAN I need be overwhelming.  I STILL cannot figure I it how to highlight on my MAC😡.

I wish I would have went w. Logos much earlier.  For the most part, the folks on this forum have been very gracious, friendly, and helpful.  And, usually w.in a few hours someone has shown me how to rectify my misunderstanding of the functionality concerning the tools on Logos.

Awesome software though!  I tell all of my friends about it.

Blessings.

Posts 27271
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 18 2019 4:41 AM

Puddin’:
I STILL cannot figure I it how to highlight on my MAC

It isn't difficult. If you haven't created a thread for it, please do so in the L8 forum. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS