Almanac bug: Garbage characters, messed up formatting, and missing image (bad filepath) for Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 222
LogosEmployee
Mike Aubrey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 9:23 AM

I'm looking into the Coptic text problems. It appears that Coptic doesn't work in the forums either:

Matt 4:1 ⲦⲞⲦⲈ ⲒⲎⲤⲞⲨⲤ ⲀⲨϪⲒⲦϤ ⲈϨⲢⲀⲒ ⲈⲦⲈⲢⲎⲘⲞⲤ ⲈⲂⲞⲖ ϨⲒⲦⲘ ⲠⲈⲠⲚⲈⲨⲘⲀ ⲈⲦⲢⲈⲨⲠⲈⲒⲢⲀⲌⲈ ⲘⲘⲞϤ ⲈⲂⲞⲖ ϨⲒⲦⲘ ⲠⲆⲒⲀⲂⲞⲖⲞⲤ.

As for the image. Is that an image that you uploaded yourself, or was it one that was already there?

Posts 19139
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 9:32 AM

Michael Aubrey:

I'm looking into the Coptic text problems. It appears that Coptic doesn't work in the forums either:

Matt 4:1 ⲦⲞⲦⲈ ⲒⲎⲤⲞⲨⲤ ⲀⲨϪⲒⲦϤ ⲈϨⲢⲀⲒ ⲈⲦⲈⲢⲎⲘⲞⲤ ⲈⲂⲞⲖ ϨⲒⲦⲘ ⲠⲈⲠⲚⲈⲨⲘⲀ ⲈⲦⲢⲈⲨⲠⲈⲒⲢⲀⲌⲈ ⲘⲘⲞϤ ⲈⲂⲞⲖ ϨⲒⲦⲘ ⲠⲆⲒⲀⲂⲞⲖⲞⲤ.

As for the image. Is that an image that you uploaded yourself, or was it one that was already there?

It was already there. I have not edited that page at all.

Posts 222
LogosEmployee
Mike Aubrey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 9:46 AM

Thanks, I should have thought to check that myself. 

Basically, it looks like between the origin of the site internally back in 09' and its public debut, we changed the method for images -- notice the original shows a file path for one of our network drives and the newly updated page shows no file path, but just a query with the image name. I've uploaded an image myself of a Coptic cross, though I don't know if this particular one goes with the Church of Alexandria...

Posts 222
LogosEmployee
Mike Aubrey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 2:58 PM

This has now been fixed on the Almanac. If you find any more font problems, let us know.

If you want to add Coptic text, you'll need to include the follow:

{{@coptic TEXT}}

Posts 19139
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 3:05 PM

Michael Aubrey:

This has now been fixed on the Almanac. If you find any more font problems, let us know.

If you want to add Coptic text, you'll need to include the follow:

{{@coptic TEXT}}

Thanks. I don't know Coptic, nor do I have a particular interest in that denomination. I was just randomly clicking around to find some denomination that had the basic info in it so I could use it as a template to copy for a new one I was creating, and I saw that bug. Glad you were able to fix it!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS