How to automatically save highlights to notebooks?

Page 2 of 3 (41 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 40 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 66
Paulo Bechara | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 12 2019 9:39 PM

Thanks, Phil.

Posts 5315
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 12 2019 11:13 PM

Mattillo:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

I'm sorry we've not taken care of this yet. I have the team looking into this.

Not to hijack this thread but if at some point you can add a way to turn off certain notes while in mobile that would be great. When reading on my iPad sometimes I have highlights coming from other resources that take over the text  making it impossible for me to highlight the text. Most recent example was highlights from my bible covering the entire MacArthur New Testament section I was  reading. 

This used to be possible under the old notes but was removed also under the new notes / mobile platform.  Just another example of where FL put deadlines ahead of a properly developed new notes system an rolled out a very immature beta system that time has shown needed another 12 months plus development work before it should have even been consider for implementation.

Posts 9229
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 13 2019 5:06 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

I'm sorry we've not taken care of this yet. I have the team looking into this.

It would be great to have this improved.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 149
Peter Lever | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 13 2019 9:20 AM

Please, waiting for this fix. Should have the option to default a palette to specified notebook.

Posts 5315
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 13 2019 3:51 PM

And the option to simply use the last used notebook till you intervene and specify a new notebook to be used. I really don’t use the one palette = one notebook approach but respect it works for others so both options need to be available.

Peter Lever:

Please, waiting for this fix. Should have the option to default a palette to specified notebook.

Posts 2
Jeff Janoski | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 25 2019 8:21 AM

Yes this needs fixing.  I'm studying a book and I use highlights etc.  Having to set the notebook for each is slow, cumbersome and certainly takes away from STUDY.

Posts 226
LogosEmployee
Daniel Di Bartolo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 25 2019 10:44 AM

Hi All, just dropping in here to echo what Phil mentioned. We're actively working on making this experience better for you. Stay tuned. 

-Daniel 

Posts 5315
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 25 2019 12:06 PM

Thank you Daniel, much appreciated.

Daniel Di Bartolo:

Hi All, just dropping in here to echo what Phil mentioned. We're actively working on making this experience better for you. Stay tuned. 

-Daniel 

Posts 226
LogosEmployee
Daniel Di Bartolo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 8 2019 4:27 PM

Hi all, 

Wanted to follow up here to let you know that hour developers are starting to work on this problem, reduce friction, and offer similar functionality to our desktop app. 

If you want to give feedback and be among the first to use it, join our beta on iOS or Android. :)

-Daniel 

Product Manager, Mobile

Posts 2066
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 9 2019 12:38 AM

Daniel Di Bartolo:
our developers are starting to work on this problem, reduce friction, and offer similar functionality to our desktop app. 

Thanks for this Daniel. Thanks especially for adding the ability to add tags to notes!

Posts 66
Chuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2019 10:36 AM

BUMP - request to raise the priority for this fix, please. I use my mobile device in meetings instead of pulling out and unfolding a bulky laptop.

Posts 2066
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2019 11:26 AM

Chuck, this is already working in the beta version!

Posts 66
Chuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2019 11:28 AM

Thanks for the info. What's the ETA for releasing in an update?

Posts 497
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2019 2:38 PM

Chuck:

Thanks for the info. What's the ETA for releasing in an update?

Hi Chuck, 

It might still be a while before the update is available, but you are free to install the beta in the meantime.

Posts 66
Chuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2019 3:39 PM

Thank you.

Posts 153
Tony Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 20 2020 7:29 AM

I just wanted to tell Logos thank you for this being added in a recent iPad app update. This feature alone now makes it possible for me to read my seminary textbook reading with my iPad Pro and pencil instead of sitting at my computer. 
I make a notebook for each class. Then, I have it to send highlights in the two assigned books to that one notebook. Then when I review for my quizzes I can simply look over my class notebook. I could do this before on my computer,  but it is so nice being able to “lean back on the couch” with my tablet and pencil to do my readings. 

Thank you. 

Posts 66
Chuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 21 2020 2:50 PM

Has the update been rolled out for iPhone yet? If so, will it apply automatically, or does it require user interaction? --Thanks, Chuck

Posts 497
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 21 2020 3:44 PM

Chuck:

Has the update been rolled out for iPhone yet? If so, will it apply automatically, or does it require user interaction? --Thanks, Chuck

Hi Chuck,

Yes it has been rolled out.  It is possible that your device is set up to install updates automatically.  It is also possible that you may need to check for the latest update in the App Store.

You can check which version you have installed by tapping the Menu icon (three horizontal lines) in the lower right, tap Help, and then look for "Version" under "App Info".

The latest stable version is 8.10.0 (26), this is the one that includes this functionality.  It is also included if you have installed the Beta.

Posts 66
Chuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 23 2020 2:43 PM

Hi Joe,

I checked the version on my iPhone, and it is evidently even later than what you specified; it is v. 8.10.1 (0028).

Alas, after highlighting Bible text, I discovered that it still goes to No Notebook, even after I went to the Notes screen within the iOS app and selected my desired notebook. Please help.

Thanks,

Chuck

Posts 22745
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 23 2020 2:58 PM

Chuck

Have you selected a “notebook for highlights” in the app settings?

Page 2 of 3 (41 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS