Tagging Error of Type

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 8977
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 9 2019 6:02 AM

I'm not sure the best way to report this so I'm posting it here. Recently I purchased the following series but it seems as thought volume 2 is tagged with the incorrect type. It is not a Bible Commentary but rather a Monograph as the rest in the series.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1011
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 9 2019 11:52 AM

It's classified that way because the essay "The Imputation of Sin and Righteousness" is treated as a Bible commentary.

We could change the resource type but the side affect would be that it no longer would appear in the passage guide.

Posts 8977
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 9 2019 1:57 PM

I can see the dilemma that this creates. I even looked at the table of contents and didn't see that as a "Bible Commentary". It still seems to me that this is more of a monograph than a "Bible Commentary" as the section you mention only covers 10 verses over 28 pages while the whole work is over 500 pages long.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 8977
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 9 2019 3:36 PM

I've been thinking a lot more about this since last posting and I'm wondering about consistency here. For instance, I just looked a Volume 6 of the Central B. C. Quarterly Journal that has a 40-page commentary of the book of Malachi and yet it is not tagged as a "Bible Commentary" (see below). Of course it is primarily a journal but it has a longer commentary than in the volume I mentioned in my original post which is tagged as a "Bible Commentary" and it will not appear in the passage guide.

My question is this. What principles is Faithlife using to determine when a resource is tagged as a "Bible Commentary" rather than something else? Again, it would be ideal if there was a way to tag it in more than one way but I don't think this is possible.

s

Posts 27773
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 9 2019 5:19 PM

Is there a reason why you want it tagged as a monograph? I can't see any advantages, except to have it match the others. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 8977
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 9 2019 6:16 PM

JT (alabama24):

Is there a reason why you want it tagged as a monograph? I can't see any advantages, except to have it match the others. 

It is not that I want it tagged as a monograph as much as I'm trying to understand the principles behind when it might be tagged and when it might not be tagged.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS