Text comparison in Powerpoint and Word

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 23
Pastor Don Carpenter | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 15 2019 2:39 PM

I am teaching a class on  textual variations and would love an easy way to export a logos textual comparison to a power point slide.  In fact I will have 20 or 30 passages.  I would love a way to export the whole list to Word, not just one at a time.  I would also like to get the entire chart copied over to ppt... it would seem that the whole thing does not come over.  Di you have any help for me?

Posts 25096
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 15 2019 4:37 PM

Pastor Don Carpenter:
I am teaching a class on  textual variations and would love an easy way to export a logos textual comparison to a power point slide. 
PP export is limited to what is on screen, so consecutive exports will work. For the first screen, Send to a new document. Then scroll TC to a new set of verses and Paste into the open document (truncate the window to limit the passages displayed for the last export).

Pastor Don Carpenter:
I would love a way to export the whole list to Word, not just one at a time. 

Specify a range e.g. Acts 4:25–37 will enable export of those verses.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 1871
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 16 2019 10:00 AM

I have found that doing a screen capture and croping the snip to just include what I want to display has been my best Logos to PPT export when it involves visuals.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 312
Puddin’ | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 18 2019 9:05 PM

I am also very curious as to how I would copy-paste over into PP from Logos.  For ex., I have several cantillation trees that I would LOVE to be able to show to the church pastor on the screen—but wouldn’t have a clue where to begin?  I would even pay someone to show me all of this stuff if I could find the right personšŸ˜³!

Posts 25096
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 18 2019 10:44 PM

Puddin’:
I am also very curious as to how I would copy-paste over into PP from Logos.  For ex., I have several cantillation trees that I would LOVE to be able to show to the church pastor on the screen—but wouldn’t have a clue where to begin?

Did you read my post above? If the feature doesn't have an Print/Export function (CTRL+P), a conventional copy-paste may not be possible.

For example, in Canvas, you can Export as an image (from the Panel menu). You should then be able to copy-paste that into PP.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 312
Puddin’ | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 19 2019 11:22 PM

Dave Hooton:

Puddin’:
I am also very curious as to how I would copy-paste over into PP from Logos.  For ex., I have several cantillation trees that I would LOVE to be able to show to the church pastor on the screen—but wouldn’t have a clue where to begin?

Did you read my post above? If the feature doesn't have an Print/Export function (CTRL+P), a conventional copy-paste may not be possible.

For example, in Canvas, you can Export as an image (from the Panel menu). You should then be able to copy-paste that into PP.

Ok, great!  Sorry if I missed this above.  

I have PP, OneNote, etc. & would love to be able to harness all of this in connection w. Logos.

Will look at this more closely.

Posts 640
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 21 2019 4:22 AM

Your computer should have a tool called "Snipping Tool"... it is marvelous.  Better than screen shot, IMO.

Posts 312
Puddin’ | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 22 2019 12:39 AM

Michael S.:

Your computer should have a tool called "Snipping Tool"... it is marvelous.  Better than screen shot, IMO.

Thank you—will check this out!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS