Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1889
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, May 17 2019 7:25 AM

In the release notes for the most recent iOS mobile release (8.3.0.0051 - downloaded 5/16/2019), it says that layouts will sync for the same operating system.

- Does that mean the exact same version of the operating system (e.g. iOS 12.1 will sync to iOS 12.2)?

- Does that mean it will sync for the same OS even for different device types (iPhone vs iPad)?

Thanks,

Donnie

Posts 3229
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 17 2019 7:27 AM

I have an iPhone and iPad and they sync'd.  Both running the latest ios so I'm guessing what they mean is Android to Android and iOS to iOS

Posts 1889
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 17 2019 9:58 AM

Mattillo:
I have an iPhone and iPad and they sync'd.

Thanks for the reply.

Assuming that's the case, I want to (hopefully gently ;) express my extreme disapproval of that design decision. As I've stated elsewhere on this forum for quite a while, the device *IS* a use case. An iPhone form factor is not an iPad form factor (especially between smallest iPhone and largest iPad). There are layouts I create on my iPad I'll never use on my iPhone; and all my iPhone layouts are minimalist.

With this change, I will now have to name my layouts so I can distinguish between the phone-specific layouts and tablet-specific layouts. Given how difficult it already is to manage layouts, this is going to make it even harder.

My $.02...

Donnie

Posts 27668
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 20 2019 6:44 AM

I agree with you Donnie... but to me it goes back to the concept of "projects" vs. "layouts." The form factor is important! An iPhone ≠ iPad ≠ MacBook ≠ iMac. We <should> be able to sync open resources & the corresponding resource location tied to a "project" while not syncing the wrong form factor.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS