Logos stopped working on a simple search

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 20 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 111
Jarred Edgecombe | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 9 2010 8:45 AM | Locked

I am trying to search the word "despise" in Proverbs in the ESV. Three times in a row Logos has stopped working. Anyone having a similar problem?

4.0d Beta 2 (4.04.4.0265)

Posts 19643
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 8:50 AM | Locked

Nope, it works for me. Could you post your log file so we can see what error is causing Logos to shut down?

See http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging for info on turning on diagnostic logging so that a log file will be generated when you make this happen one more time, and http://wiki.logos.com/Uploading_Logs on posting your log file.

Posts 111
Jarred Edgecombe | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 8:56 AM | Locked

I'm in the middle of a DMin lecture, but will try asap. thanks

Posts 111
Jarred Edgecombe | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 9:00 AM | Locked

Here are the Log and Crash Files.6567.Logos4.log5808.Logos4Crash.txt

Posts 111
Jarred Edgecombe | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 9:07 AM | Locked

The previous was a startup crash in the Log file, here is the search crash.

5287.Logos4.log

4113.Logos4Crash.txt

Posts 19643
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 9:07 AM | Locked

Jarred Edgecombe:

Here are the Log and Crash Files.6567.Logos4.log5808.Logos4Crash.txt

Thanks. Are you paying attention to your DMin lecture? Wink

That's an error ID I've never seen before, and I can't find any other reports of it on the forum. So you'll need to get an answer from a Logos person about that. You have a better chance of this thread being seen if you go back ASAP and edit the subject line of your initial post to include "BUG: " at the beginning of it.

EDIT: To do that, click the More button to the right of the post, and then choose Edit from the dropdown menu. This option is only available for a few hours after you've made the post.

Posts 111
Jarred Edgecombe | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 9:11 AM | Locked

Did that, thanks

Posts 19643
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 9:12 AM | Locked

Jarred Edgecombe:

5287.Logos4.log

4113.Logos4Crash.txt

OK, this one there is one other report of on the forum, but I'm not sure it's been resolved to the user's satisfaction. Are you using dual monitors by any chance? Here's the thread: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/10428.aspx. You might be able to find some info in there that could help you.

Otherwise, call Customer Support.

Posts 19643
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 9:12 AM | Locked

Jarred Edgecombe:

5287.Logos4.log

4113.Logos4Crash.txt

OK, this one there is one other report of on the forum, but I'm not sure it's been resolved to the user's satisfaction. Are you using dual monitors by any chance? Here's the thread: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/10428.aspx. You might be able to find some info in there that could help you.

Otherwise, call Customer Support.

Posts 111
Jarred Edgecombe | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 9:22 AM | Locked

Not dual monitors.

Having a hard time listening to the seminarSmile

Posts 111
Jarred Edgecombe | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 9:33 AM | Locked

Right now, any Bible search, in any version, in any range is causing Logos to crash. SO I think I will have to call tech support

Posts 19643
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 9:37 AM | Locked

Jarred Edgecombe:

Did that, thanks

Try again. You have to click Post at the end to save your changes. The subject line is still showing up without the "BUG: " prefix:

Jarred Edgecombe:

Having a hard time listening to the seminarSmile

Hmm...some of our professors won't let people surf the web or do other stuff on their laptops while in class. Just note-taking. I remember being appalled at how rude people were in class the first time I saw someone on the web during a lecture. Then I began doing it myself because it's so convenient to look up something the prof mentioned to get further info. But you've got to be really good at multi-tasking not to miss stuff. And there's still that rudeness factor... Indifferent

Posts 111
Jarred Edgecombe | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 9:49 AM | Locked

I try not to surf the web during a class, because I agree that it is really RUDE. But this inability to search is very distracting.

Posts 130
Robert J Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 10:41 AM | Locked

I do not have this problem running 4.0c SR-2.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 10:54 AM | Locked

Jarred Edgecombe:

Jarred ~  I'll submit both logs, for search and startup crashes, to development.  ~ Thanks, Melissa

Posts 111
Jarred Edgecombe | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 10:59 AM | Locked

Thanks. I appreciate it. I don't think I will have time to call today...or tomorrow...or Friday.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 1:32 PM | Locked

Jarred Edgecombe:

Thanks. I appreciate it. I don't think I will have time to call today...or tomorrow...or Friday.

Development thinks the resource may be corrupt, and asked for the version information of your ESV. You can find this by opening the ESV, clicking on its resource information icon (i), and scrolling down to Support Info.  They also suggested removing the ESV.logos4 file from the Resources folder, restarting Logos 4, and waiting for it to be downloaded again.

Posts 111
Jarred Edgecombe | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 1:37 PM | Locked

i will remove the esv and have it reload. But this is happening in any version of the BIble I have tried.

Here is my version of the ESV

LLS:1.0.7102010-04-28T18:39:01ZESV.logos4

RVI:ESVNT2010-04-28T14:02:55ZESVNT.lbsrvi

RVI:ESVOT2010-04-28T14:15:18ZESVOT.lbsrvi

Also, I just realized that you are trying to get help for me...I really appreciate it. I might have a little time just a few minutes befire they close.

Posts 111
Jarred Edgecombe | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 1:54 PM | Locked

I am going to have to call Logos. My software has become completely unstable. I now have 4.0d Beta 3

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 9 2010 2:05 PM | Locked

It would be most helpful, and less confusing to non-beta testers, to confine Beta discussions to the Beta forum.

Thanks

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS