Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Dr. Mark Raeburn Johnston | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jun 9 2019 3:25 PM

Would love to have Brunner's works in LOGOS-his writings are an important component to the theological discussions of the last century and provide insights that are often profound. While I do not agree with his stance concerning 'the disastrous results' of the doctrine of Verbal Inspiration (The Christian Doctrine of God, Dogmatics Vol 1;  pp.28-29; 1950) I am moved by his devotion and erudite approach to the topics discussed. He would be a welcome addition to any collection of systematic theology. His Christianity and Civilization (1946-48 Gifford Lectures) provides important considerations that can be applied to our present era as the Gospel of Jesus Christ is proclaimed to a darkening world. I think there are many who would enjoy seeing his works published through LOGOS. 

Posts 18821
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 9 2019 3:37 PM

Yes

I totally second this. Emil Brunner was very influential on my pastor Earl Palmer, who was in turn very influential on me.

In the meantime, I just discovered that there's this in Faithlife Ebooks:

Believing Thinking, Bounded Theology: The Theological Methodology of Emil Brunner by Cynthia Bennett Brown (Wipf & Stock, 2015)

And there's also this in Logos format, which I already had:

Makers of the Modern Theological Mind: Emil Brunner by J. Edward Humphrey (Hendrickson, 2016)

Posts 10289
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 9 2019 3:49 PM

Dr. Mark Raeburn Johnston:
Would love to have Brunner's works in LOGOS-his writings are an important component to the theological discussions of the last century and provide insights that are often profound.

Definitely!

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 3
Dr. Mark Raeburn Johnston | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 9 2019 4:43 PM

thanks for the response-I'll look into the suggested reading!

Posts 126
LogosEmployee
Mike Hanes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 9 2019 6:12 PM

Dr. Mark Raeburn Johnston:

Would love to have Brunner's works in LOGOS-his writings are an important component to the theological discussions of the last century and provide insights that are often profound. While I do not agree with his stance concerning 'the disastrous results' of the doctrine of Verbal Inspiration (The Christian Doctrine of God, Dogmatics Vol 1;  pp.28-29; 1950) I am moved by his devotion and erudite approach to the topics discussed. He would be a welcome addition to any collection of systematic theology. His Christianity and Civilization (1946-48 Gifford Lectures) provides important considerations that can be applied to our present era as the Gospel of Jesus Christ is proclaimed to a darkening world. I think there are many who would enjoy seeing his works published through LOGOS. 

Thanks for the suggestion Mark, I will look into these.

Posts 3
Dr. Mark Raeburn Johnston | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 10 2019 3:35 AM

thanks Mike

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS