Deutsch website not integrated with English website?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3658
Francis | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 20 2019 12:08 AM

Sorry my German is too basic, I have to write this in English.

I noticed a few glitches on www.de.logos.com 

1. Some products are not listed: for instance the new Messianic Jewish packages do not show. 
  2. The cart content does not transfer from one site to the other. I cannot see either what I "saved for later" on logos.com when I am in the cart on de.logos.com. 
  3. Wishlists don't transfer.
  4. I don't think dynamic price works well either. For instance, I own the High Definition commentary on Romans but it shows unowned on the German website.
  5. I have a coupon code from the German site: it does not work on the English site. 

Graphics don't appear right on the home page (using the latest Chrome in Win10). On the fullscreen shot below, the guide image on the left is truncated. 

Posts 134
Raphael H. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 20 2019 4:26 AM

I also can confirm this!

Very weird...

You get a 5 US$ coupon, but you need to spend it on the German € site... Tongue Tied

God is most glorified in us, when we are most satisfied in Him.  John Piper

Posts 1823
ilian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 20 2019 5:40 AM

Mein Englisch ist nicht so gut, aber man kann ja im englischon Store auch alles finden (auch auf Deutsch): https://www.logos.com/products/search?Language=German&start=&sort=newest&pageSize=15

Oder funktionieren manche Gutscheine nicht? Wenn man einen Gutschein für die deutschen Produkte hat, dann ist es z.T. verständlich, warum er nicht auf der englischen geht.

Die Preise sind im Dollar überall...

Edit:

Welche Marketing-Strategie dahinter steckt, können Ben und Thomas am Besten erklären...

Posts 609
Sascha Andreas John | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 20 2019 9:49 AM

Francis

dit you chat with CS...they can do allmost everything

Sascha

Posts 652
LogosEmployee
Thomas Reiter (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 20 2019 11:25 AM

Hi all,

Let's see if I can be helpful here. I'll try to address all of your questions, while actually starting from the bottom:

Francis:
Graphics don't appear right on the home page (using the latest Chrome in Win10). On the fullscreen shot below, the guide image on the left is truncated.

This is intentional and simply related to screen size (and the same should be true on the English site), which scales the images accordingly (see my two screenshots for reference).

Francis:
I have a coupon code from the German site: it does not work on the English site. 

I assume you are referencing the coupon we sent out the other day to participants of the giveaway. If so, that is an expected behaviour, as we constrained that coupon code to only be usable on the German storefront.

Francis:
I don't think dynamic price works well either. For instance, I own the High Definition commentary on Romans but it shows unowned on the German website.

While it is not impossible, we are currently not aware of any ongoing issues here. Since this involves talking about your personal order information, etc., it would probably be best for you to send an e-mail or Faithlife message directly to me, if the issue persists.

Francis:
Some products are not listed: for instance the new Messianic Jewish packages do not show. 

That is known and also intentional. Historically, it was a technical requirement to have a smaller, curated catalogue on de.logos.com, as we were not able to prioritize certain categories of resources on de.logos.com (i.e. prioritize German resources in searches,etc.). This will change soon and we are going to enable the larger catalogue.

Francis:

• The cart content does not transfer from one site to the other. I cannot see either what I "saved for later" on logos.com when I am in the cart on de.logos.com. 
  • Wishlists don't transfer.

These are both known issues. It is more likely that we will be able to solve combined wish lists and "saved for later" than a combined shopping cart, simply due to different products being sold on different storefronts and what that would mean.

Posts 652
LogosEmployee
Thomas Reiter (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 20 2019 11:29 AM

Raphael H.:

I also can confirm this!

Very weird...

You get a 5 US$ coupon, but you need to spend it on the German € site... Tongue Tied

I just want to reiterate what Ilian already stated - All purchases at Faithlife are made in US Dollars. The ability to select Euros(or any other currency) as a displayed currency on the website is merely a service we offer that is supposed to help you visualize the price in your preferred currency. 

For more info I'd reference the disclaimer you can find on the page when you hover/click the non-USD price on any product page.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS