switching back and forth to and from Verbum

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1116
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 25 2019 8:16 PM

I guess I asked the question in the subject.  I used to know how to do it, but I forgot.  It's not intuitive.  There's nothing there that gives me that option, and the help function was useless.

Thank you

Posts 29717
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 25 2019 8:22 PM

The command is Set Verbum To Yes . FL has mentioned that this may disappear in the future. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1116
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 25 2019 8:25 PM

The command or the option?

Thank you.

Posts 29717
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 25 2019 8:33 PM

Larry Craig:
The command or the option?

Without the one, you lose the other. 

Posts 1116
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 25 2019 8:46 PM

I don't understand.  How can I lose one?  I own them both.

Posts 5842
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 26 2019 12:01 AM

If FL remove the command SET VERBUM TO [YES/NO] from the Logos application you will loose the option to switch between the two interfaces using the Logos application. If the command is removed you  would need to install Verbum as a second application on your  computer if you wanted to make use of Verbums what Is unique to Verbum.

You will not loose your license to Logos or Verbum but will have to do separate installations to use them both.

Larry Craig:

I don't understand.  How can I lose one?  I own them both.

Posts 29717
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 26 2019 4:21 AM

Yes

without the one (the command), you lose the other (the option to switch back and forth in the same app). 

If your goal is to run verbum permanently, it would be best to install that app. 

Posts 2829
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 26 2019 5:54 AM

Hopefully Faithlife will publish a full list of all the differences between Logos and Verbum. [[Extra collections don't count as features imho]]

Someday Verbum will obtain full Lectionary usage status. 

And then they will have to move Ortodox from Logos to Verbum [[and maybe some other 'groups']].

Posts 9146
LogosEmployee

David Ames:

Hopefully Faithlife will publish a full list of all the differences between Logos and Verbum. [[Extra collections don't count as features imho]]

That's the main difference. And I think a different set of blogs on the home page, and different sections on by default in the Passage Guide.

Posts 13419
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 26 2019 9:34 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

David Ames:

That's the main difference. And I think a different set of blogs on the home page, and different sections on by default in the Passage Guide.

And different default prioritisation.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS