Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 632
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 20 2019 8:48 PM

I am trying to build a collection containing all of the resources i have in the Lexham Bible Guides and also all of the resources i have in the Exegetical Summaries.

The rule: title:Lexham Bible Guide - gives me all of the Lexham Bible Guide resources i have (17)

The rule: series:Lexham Bible Guide - gives me all of the Lexham Bible Guide resources i have plus an extra resource not in the series (18)

The rule: title:Exegetical Summary - gives me all the Exegetical Summary resources i have (34)

The rule: series:Exegetical Summaries - gives me all the Exegetical Summary resources i have (34)

I have tried the following rules to attempt to get both sets of resources. NONE of these rules works.

title:Exegetical Summary OR title:Lexham Bible Guide - gives me 2 of the Exegetical Summaries only

title:Lexham Bible Guide OR title:Exegetical Summary - gives me all 17 of Lexham Bible Guide only

series:Lexham Bible Guide OR series:Exegetical Summaries - gives me nothing

series:Exegetical Summaries OR series:Lexham Bible Guide - gives me 2 of the Exegetical Summaries only

series:(Lexham Bible Guide OR Exegetical Summaries) gives me nothing

I'd sure appreciate any help on this. I don't understand why the OR function isn't working as expected. Can anyone give me a rule that would help me on this?

Posts 35538
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 20 2019 9:06 PM

John Kaess:
series:(Lexham Bible Guide OR Exegetical Summaries)

You need quote marks around phrases i.e.series:("Lexham Bible Guide" OR "Exegetical Summaries")

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 19592
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 20 2019 9:09 PM

John Kaess:
series:(Lexham Bible Guide OR Exegetical Summaries) gives me nothing

Series:("Lexham Bible Guide","Exegetical Summaries")

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 632
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 20 2019 9:14 PM

Thank you, both!

Posts 2671
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 21 2019 8:42 AM

John Kaess:
I am trying to build a collection containing all of the resources i have in the Lexham Bible Guides and also all of the resources i have in the Exegetical Summaries.

Also, please note that "Lexham Bible Guides" were rebranded this month at "Lexham Research Commentaries"

https://lexhampress.com/product/51803/lexham-research-commentary-romans

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 632
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 21 2019 10:14 AM

I'm aware of the name change, but at this point, it hasn't made its way into my library. Title search on Logos Research Commentary doesn't work right now. Neither does a Series search for Logos Research Commentary or Logos Research Commentaries.

Posts 1669
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 21 2019 1:31 PM

John Kaess:
Title search on Logos Research Commentary doesn't work right now. Neither does a Series search for Logos Research Commentary or Logos Research Commentaries.

Agreed -- thanks for mentioning this.

Regards, SteveF

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS