Remarkable Tablet support

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Charity McGill | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 29 2019 3:07 PM

I have recently had the opportunity to work on a Remarkable tablet. It is an entirely new OS, so I know the likelihood of this request being met is low. Still... I'm hoping for some votes over time.

When studying God's word it is completely refreshing to have a distraction-free device. Specifically one that allows you to take notes the way this one does and write in my own handwriting. (My most precious thing I own is a bible with notations in my grandfather's handwriting. And I'd love to pass that kind of thing onto my kids in 'replicate' form.)

However, this would be especially nice when working with Precept bible studies. So I'm throwing a vote for some sort of support with this device. If only for the following: ePub file of the bible combined with quick links to the interlinear definitions, the ability to publish my notes back to logos so that I can find them later. Bonus points if I can actually use the precept bible markings while in there so they transfer back and forth.

Pretty please.

Posts 27810
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 29 2019 6:38 PM

Welcome to the forums! Smile I am sorry to bring bad news: 

Charity McGill:
I know the likelihood of this request being met is low

Charity McGill:
I'm throwing a vote for some sort of support with this device.

It isn't low. It is nill. ("So, there's a chance?" Smile )

Charity McGill:
It is an entirely new OS

It isn't "new." It has been around for at least 2 years... and has "over 50,000 sold!" iOS and android are both likely to sell more devices each and every day. 

Charity McGill:
ePub file of the bible combined with quick links to the interlinear definitions, the ability to publish my notes back to logos so that I can find them later.

None of the later will ever happen. 

It does appear that you could possibly import resources from Logos. Steps: 

• Use the "print" feature to export portions of the text to a .docx file. You may have to do this several times to do the entire book. HINT: Use the largest paper size and smallest text size.
  • Make any necessary changes and convert the .docx file to epub or .pdf.  

It isn't hard to do the conversion. NOTE: there will be no interconnectivity with Logos. Everything will be ever only in the "remarkable tablet" format, which is likely to go out of business at some point. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2
Charity McGill | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2019 8:57 AM

I'm doing the conversion for now. I wouldn't want to wish someone out of business, so I really hope they make a go of it. If they make it past 5 years, we'll know if their customers really love them and their idea is right. 2 years is very new, but I see a lot of loyalty and a lot of repeat customers. I really love not being distracted by tech when I'm spending time with God. No dinging. No 'vibrant screen glaring', etc. I also like it in meetings and in planning sessions. 

Like a said... long shot. But on the off chance it gains momentum in the coming years, I wanted to add a place for other people to join in all the same. I know it wouldn't make sense now... 

They store edits in layers like a PDF. So maybe someday that software will get smart enough to make it easier to at least transfer the layers back and forth between the two programs. They've made a lot of improvements, so I'm encouraged. I'd really love for the links in the interlinear Greek and Hebrew to transfer over in my conversion to the word doc... those are just extremely convenient for study. But that would be like combining multiple docs together in the export, etc... I'll have to settle for searching on multiple tabs for now or popping open my mobile app briefly and hoping for alerts to be at 'minimum'.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS