Lost function: Can't drag resource to open a pane across the bottom of a window (8.8 Beta 1 WIN 8.8.0.0007)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 758
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 30 2019 6:27 AM

We used to be able to drag a resource to the bottom of a window and it would open a pane across the bottom of the window - it doesn't work now.

Posts 4674
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2019 6:48 AM

Hi Tim

Works for me.

MacOS 10.14.6 Logos 8.7 SR-2 and 8.8 Beta 1

Posts 10109
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2019 10:35 AM

Tim Hensler:
We used to be able to drag a resource to the bottom of a window and it would open a pane across the bottom of the window - it doesn't work now.

Hm. It does work on my machine (latest Logos beta, Win 10)

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 2683
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2019 1:53 PM

Tim,

I'm unable to the reproduce this. The panel goes to the bottom as desired.

Posts 758
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 31 2019 2:20 PM

I found what prevents this from working.

I can not open a pane across the bottom of the window as long as resources are pulled down to the bottom of their column.  I have to move the top border of this resource up "two clicks" or more before I can move a pane down across the bottom of the window.

Posts 25049
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 31 2019 4:09 PM

Tim Hensler:
I can not open a pane across the bottom of the window as long as resources are pulled down to the bottom of their column.  I have to move the top border of this resource up "two clicks" or more before I can move a pane down across the bottom of the window.

That is so in this case. But it seems unrealistic given the small size of the "offending" resource and the small size of the resulting pane.

Your original screenshot did not show this configuration. Are you saying you did not shown the full screen, and there was a third vertical pane like you show above?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 758
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 31 2019 5:53 PM

Hi Dave, you are correct - I did not show the whole screen and there was the same third column in the first report - I didn't think that was a cause so I did not include it.  Sorry it mislead some testers. 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS