What does Your Desk Look Like?

Page 5 of 6 (103 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >
This post has 102 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 26985
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 3 2019 11:22 AM

Hamilton Ramos:
My problem is with apps that want to know the password for the email account, I rather pay than compromise privacy, especially when I do not know if there is an ungodly agenda underlying the company.

I've never seen a company do this although it is common to use the email account as the user id and have the user set up a separate password for the app.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 699
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 3 2019 1:19 PM

MJ. Smith:
I've never seen a company do this although it is common to use the email account as the user id and have the user set up a separate password for the app.

I always use my email, then a specific password for that app. In this case I did something like icqmac for password and it rejected it. It seems that they want my actual email password, and I won't give it to anyone I do not trust  (not that I have anything to hide), is just a matter of principle.

See people that are far from God need to keep track of all, eavesdrop, phishing, etc. that is the only way they can try to take control, true believers need not do that because there is a discernment of Spirits gifts that pretty much allows believers to roughly know where the person / institution lays in the adverse against God continuum.

There has been a lot of apps for both phone and computer that want to know my password, which is unethical in my view. I just drop them like hot potato, I do not use such. Some people are so desperate to know what you are up to, what you write about, etc., (which is ridiculous)  instead of looking for God...

Psalm 127:1ff "Unless the LORD watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain".

But there will always be worldview clash, until the end when people will be separated and each to their destiny.

This even happens in FL, there are some posters that say they will share a paper with you, then direct you to a place that if you do not give your email and actual password you cannot download the paper... give a break... if you are part of violating the privacy of someone, do not even bother offering stuff....  Christian behavior?... hardly.

Do you think I care about any of the personal things of any of the posters? not at all, the gift of discernment roughly tells you what each is about.

Posts 4686
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2019 12:01 AM

Hamilton Ramos:
This even happens in FL, there are some posters that say they will share a paper with you, then direct you to a place that if you do not give your email and actual password you cannot download the paper... give a break... if you are part of violating the privacy of someone, do not even bother offering stuff....  Christian behavior?... hardly.

Hamilton – As I have a general interest in nefarious behaviour on the internet and have never yet found an example of what you describe I wonder if you would be so kind as to share one of the links.

Posts 1454
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2019 3:06 AM

Joseph Turner:

My wife and I made desks in our office using kitchen cabinets that we bought from Lowe's.  I just cut the bottoms off of them, and they were the perfect height.  The pictures below are from when we first completed the project:

I like the music in the TV, reminds the time when I was a teenager

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 1996
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2019 3:54 AM

Mike Binks:

Hamilton Ramos:

Hamilton – As I have a general interest in nefarious behaviour on the internet and have never yet found an example of what you describe I wonder if you would be so kind as to share one of the links.

I am confused by this as well and would like to see an example, but I keep wondering if he's talking about apps and such that give you the option to log in with your Gmail or Facebook accounts.  Concerning sharing a paper, I am thinking he's talking about logging in via google to share a document from someone else.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 1996
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2019 3:55 AM

Veli Voipio:
I like the music in the TV, reminds the time when I was a teenager

I had to zoom in to see what you were talking about!

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 1659
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2019 5:23 AM

Hamilton Ramos:
I always use my email, then a specific password for that app. In this case I did something like icqmac for password and it rejected it.

I'm guessing that they rejected it because it is not a "Strong" password. Not enough characters, special symbols, numbers etc.

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Posts 699
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2019 5:40 AM

Hi Mike:

Just try to join icq with the computer option, but try to do it without giving your email password (i.e. make one up) to see if you can join.

Posts 699
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2019 5:46 AM

Exactly Joseph.

For sites I trust, I do not mind giving my password, but I do not understand why one has to give the actual password of your email account to download a copy of a paper, seems like by doing so, one is renouncing to privacy rights, which would be no problem if you knew what the app does with that info.

Posts 699
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2019 5:50 AM

Hi Rick, that is a possibility, but usually the message explains that you need to add capital letters, one number etc. when that is the case.

In contrast, I have joined many apps for phone, computer etc. in which I make a password up for my email, just in a way I remember what is about, and I can join with no problem.

So I divide apps in two: the ones that seem to infringe privacy rights without a cause, and the ones that do not. Obviously you can tell which I join.

Posts 1996
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2019 7:02 AM

Hamilton Ramos:

Exactly Joseph.

For sites I trust, I do not mind giving my password, but I do not understand why one has to give the actual password of your email account to download a copy of a paper, seems like by doing so, one is renouncing to privacy rights, which would be no problem if you knew what the app does with that info.

I see what you are saying, but those sites which offer to take your Facebook or Google passwords also offer for you to create an account as below:

Just make a new account with whatever password you want.  If you are trying to download files from sites that require you to log in to your Google account, and you don't know the person sharing the document, then just don't.  Often times I will look to see if there is a .pdf of a book or some other document, and I will be presented with such sites.  I always assume those are scams.

Posts 699
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2019 10:02 AM

Joseph:

Excellent clarification and advice, thanks, I fully agree.

Posts 10
Paul Fermer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2019 1:43 PM

I agree with you!,,,,I think Hamilton is just overreacting...I have ICQ installed on my laptop and it never asked me to give my real password...You sign up using your phone number, just as netflix ask you for a phone number to sign up!....and you can always change your number if you think "someone is going to call you"...NO NEED TO WORRY ABOUT TRUSTED APPS!!!!...YOU REGISTER ON ICQ USING YOUR PHONE NUMBER NOT YOUR EMAIL!..THERE WILL BE NO UNGODLY AGENDA!....I agree with Mike Binks also, have not found what he (Halmilton) is trying to describe!. PEOPLE ON WEBSITES ARE TRYING TO SELL THEIR PRODUCTS AS LOGOS BIBLE SOFTWARE KEEPS TRACK ON MY ACCOUNT TO OFFER ME NEW BOOKS AND DISCOUNTS!, AND I DON'T THINK THAT IS TRYING TO TAKE CONTROL OVER PEOPE THE SAME GOES FOR AMAZON, WALMART, ETC...OF COURSE THERE ARE BAD WEBSITES TOO!.

THE REAL ONE WHO IS GOING TO TAKE CONTROL OVER PEOPLE IS YET TO COME. ANTICHIST...

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:                            And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
(Rev. 13:16-17 KJV)

But we will not worry about this is you believe we will be caught up into Heaven!

Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. (1 Thess. 4:17 KJV)

Posts 699
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 5 2019 5:28 AM

Hi Paul F.:

yes, for convenience I tried to sign in from computer, and they definitively want my password, which I will not give them.

I have given my password to other apps, I just think that it depends what the app is for and where it is coming from.

The antichrist will try to control all, some will not let him, and he will try to kill them, big difference in my opinion. (he will be a big L, and his destiny is set). Jesus Christ is King, and no one is a challenge to Him.

Peace and grace.

Posts 4686
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 5 2019 11:04 AM

I know this is off topic but...

Out of interest I went and downloaded the app.

Yes it does ask you for a password but not your email password.

What it wants is the password you set up when you entered your phone number.

I know it is poorly written and implemented but giving it your email password will not allow you to sign up because it won't be the password the app is looking for.

It seems there isn't a way to run this app without setting up your mobile contact and being an SMS service this is not surprising.

So no Hamilton this is not one of Satan's sights looking for your email password - any other suspect you might like to put forward?

Posts 10
Paul Fermer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 5 2019 11:53 AM

Yes

Posts 699
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 7 2019 7:12 AM

Mike:

The computer app asked me for email password, I put one that was not my actual password and it showed an error, so I do not bother continue trying.

There are other ones but not mentioned in the forums.

From a tv prog I learned that there exists a program that picks relevant info from related hyperlinks to the particular search. Maybe big brother is doing a mega SQL database to be able to use such system and encourages app developers to join the effort.

We will have to wait when a chip is forced and people will not be able to buy or sell, and then we will see if the Bible prophecies are true, and if evil is still at work on Earth. LOL.

There is whole thread on such in Christian Chat site... too many posts to read some of the info... LOL.

Rumors are that Navy seals run the site, but since there seemed to have legit christians, I did join for a while. LOL.

Peace and grace.

https://www.academia.edu/6036662/_Religion_and_Culture_and_Faith_and_the_Renewal_of_Society_in_Christopher_Dawson_and_Pope_Benedict_XVI

Seems like giving up your privacy rights is a bit high for a couple of papers.

Posts 131
Tony Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 7 2019 7:29 AM

Boy this thread has taken a turn. In other news, I finished reading Permanent Record by Ed Snowden yesterday :)

Back on track-here’s a picture of a desk used to study the Bible... Jonathan Edwards‘s

http://www.preachertony.com/jetrip/jetrip/pics_files/page25-1037-full.html 

Posts 699
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 7 2019 7:46 AM

Hi Tony:

Agree, but Mike is investigating something important worthy of commendation. I hope he has a blast in Christian Chat. He can read all about conspiracy theories, and be part of the action.

The site warns that they are not responsible for the use they make of the info shared there. I think in a way is ok, so they can spot supremacists that pose as christians. etc.

Posts 8
Michael Birney | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 7 2019 11:40 AM

Isn't this thread about desks and monitor and computers.....  ?

Cool

Page 5 of 6 (103 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS