can someone update this list?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 45
Jason York | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 16 2010 5:07 PM

This list of implemented features was last updated on Alpha 18, can anyone update it so I can see clearly what is left to implement? Does it transition to beta once everything is at least partially implemented? If this is true I would think that we are only 2 or 3 alphas away from beta. 

Posts 698
LogosEmployee
Cameron Watters (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 17 2010 10:52 AM

Jason York:
This list of implemented features was last updated on Alpha 18, can anyone update it so I can see clearly what is left to implement?

Actually, the thing that is out of date is the part that indicates the list was last updated for Alpha 18. A cursory review of the actual release notes (which, as the note says, are the authoritative place to look) indicates that the list posted above is actually current to Alpha 21. The list was never intended to be exhaustive, merely representative.

Is there a particular feature you're looking for that you don't see marked implemented?

Director of Engineering for Enterprise and Operations

Posts 698
LogosEmployee
Cameron Watters (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 17 2010 10:58 AM

Jason York:
I would think that we are only 2 or 3 alphas away from beta

Those that believe their freedom in Christ encompasses petty gambling might be inclined to start a pool. I know release date guessing was a favorite pastime of the Logos 4 (Windows) Private Beta testers back in October.

Director of Engineering for Enterprise and Operations

Posts 45
Jason York | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 17 2010 11:03 AM

the only reason why I wanted the list updated is because from looking at the release notes it seems that we are only a few features away from beta, especially because the last alpha at least started implementing four of the six not yet implemented features (referencing that list anyway).

I realize no one wants to estimate when it will hit beta, but I thought I was giving a half informed guess that it could hit beta within 2 or 3 more alphas because of the quickly shortening list of unimplemented features. 

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, I just thought it would be fun to attempt at a partially educated guess on when the beta could come if the next alphas come with as many changes as the last one did. 

Posts 4
Greg Roberts | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 17 2010 11:16 AM

Jason, I have to admit I was thinking the same thing. I looked at that list and went "Hmm...that list of unimplemented stuff seems to be getting pretty short!"

Here's hoping our partially educated guesses are at least partially correct. :)

Posts 4952
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 17 2010 12:39 PM

Cameron Watters:
hose that believe their freedom in Christ encompasses petty gambling might be inclined to start a pool. I know release date guessing was a favorite pastime of the Logos 4 (Windows) Private Beta testers back in October.

But then the developers would skip the Beta release go straight to the Gamma release and one of their grandmothers would scoop the pool.

But then after being asked the same question so often I would be tempted to do that anyway.  Geeked

tootle pip

Mike

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS