Referencing a quotation

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 958
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Sep 22 2019 9:32 AM

My use of Logos is essentially limited to sermon preparation and personal edification, so I never worry too much about exact referencing.  However, a friend of mine is studying at Bible College and wants to use a quote I found in Grant Osborne's Colossians commentary on verse 1:20.  

How do I give him the quote with the exact page number, etc that's required in theological dissertations?  

Posts 27775
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 22 2019 9:42 AM

Paul Caneparo:

How do I give him the quote with the exact page number, etc that's required in theological dissertations?  

Not all resources have page numbers, but most "logos editions" which you would (possibly) read "cover to cover" do. When I copied a quote from the book you site and paste it into Pages (Mac App), this is what I get: 

The emphasis here is not just on our new relationship with God but also on the new order in creation, as “all things” are made right with God and Christ.

Grant R. Osborne, Colossians & Philemon: Verse by Verse, Osborne New Testament Commentaries (Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2016), 45.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 958
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 22 2019 1:39 PM

Thanks so much.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS