Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3195
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 24 2019 6:14 PM

This is the version I have, shows last updated 1/2017: 

LLS:TNTC87REUS
2016-10-25T19:55:23Z
TNTC87REUS.logos4

When I try to click footnotes that contain the reference and page number- it says I don't have a license- yet here it is. Update resources does not indicate a new version.

Posts 204
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 24 2019 8:28 PM

It may be helpful to know what resource the footnote is in so someone else can try the same link.

As an aside. There is a newer Revelation Commentary in the Tyndale series with a 2018 Copyright written by Ian Paul.

Leon Morris... 

Ian Paul... 

Posts 5162
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 24 2019 8:32 PM

I’ve checked my version on mobile app as I am out and it indicates the following:

I’ll try to remember to check desktop when I get home tonight if no one else has chimes in before then with further details but maybe you need to contact CS if you should have a license. 

Are you able to use the resource at the moment or is it locked?

Posts 591
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 25 2019 9:23 AM

I have both in my library. The Morris volume must have come in the set and then I added the other one last summer.

Posts 25104
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 25 2019 6:47 PM

Whyndell Grizzard:

This is the version I have, shows last updated 1/2017: 

LLS:TNTC87REUS
2016-10-25T19:55:23Z
TNTC87REUS.logos4

When I try to click footnotes that contain the reference and page number- it says I don't have a license- yet here it is. Update resources does not indicate a new version.

I don't get that message where there is a link in the footnote e.g. #3 on p.19, where I get the option to copy a citation. Indicate the ones you have a problem with, and whether you have the cited resource ("yet here it is"??).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 3195
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 26 2019 3:40 PM

Ok let me start again- first- the link I reference is in Wilcock- BST Revelation page 58 footnote 2- it references Morris TNTC pg 60, but the clicking the reference says I don't own the book, but I have for probably over a decade.

Posts 5162
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 26 2019 3:47 PM

See updated response below.

Posts 5162
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 26 2019 3:53 PM

The link in BST is outdated, internal resource name has changed slightly. Note how in earlier screen shots the internal resource name ends with US whereas in this case it does not have the US on the end of it. At some point FL though it functional to change the namen but failed to consider or chose to ignore the fact this would break all previously coded links to the old resource name.

Whyndell Grizzard:

Ok let me start again- first- the link I reference is in Wilcock- BST Revelation page 58 footnote 2- it references Morris TNTC pg 60, but the clicking the reference says I don't own the book, but I have for probably over a decade.

The

Posts 3195
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 27 2019 2:00 AM

Thanks Disciple II- I figured it was something simple- but I just wasn't seeing it. Yes they do things sometimes without thinking through to the customer side of the issue fully, I'm sure or some reason they needed to, but doesn't change the fact it broke links.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS