Hyperlinks in Notes on iPad won't open a preview of reference when hovering?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 59
Bill | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Sep 29 2019 5:00 AM

I know this works on my laptop, but thought it did at one time in my iPad.

Is that correct or was I just dreaming?

Posts 27796
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 29 2019 10:17 AM

There wasn't a "hover" on iPad before recently (which implies a mouse and pointer), and now (with iPad OS) it is fairly niche. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 59
Bill | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 29 2019 12:36 PM

JT (alabama24):
There wasn't a "hover" on iPad before recently (which implies a mouse and pointer), and now (with iPad OS) it is fairly niche. 

You are correct JT!  My bad. I should have said "tap". So your saying it does work sometimes or in certain resources?

I can tap on a bible reference link in say John Pipers Future Grace and a pop appears with at least part of a reference

If I type a bible reference into a note it turns blue as active, but when I tap on it it doesn't do anything. If I tap and hold I get about three options asking how I want to open it. No preview, It seems inconsistent

Do you know if this is an option Faithlife is working on or is it a bug? I haven't  tried the web app to see if it works there because I don't have web access at my church

Thanks for responding

Posts 27796
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 29 2019 9:29 PM

I am not sure what the status of this is currently. I <think> that notes created on desktop and synced to mobile do hyperlink, but ones created on mobile do not... but I am not sure. If no one wiser responds, I'll see if I am able later to experiment. 

Posts 59
Bill | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 30 2019 7:13 AM

JT (alabama24):
I <think> that notes created on desktop and synced to mobile do hyperlink, but ones created on mobile do not... but I am not sure. If no one wiser responds,

Sounded like that might be a possibility, so I tried it. I typed a link to Ezekiel 36:25-27 in my note on my laptop and hit the sync icon at the top, then I tapped the sync icon in the iPad, opened the note. The link was there but would not show a pop up on tap, only moved the cursor to the middle of the link

Thank again for your help

Posts 59
Bill | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 30 2019 7:43 AM

I just spoke with Faithlife Tech support.

Preview in Notes on mobile is not available yet. Possibly in version 8.8

I also requested a new feature, that these pop ups be scrollable so one could see the reference in context, scrolling before and beyond the reference.

Thank you for your help JT

Posts 27796
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 30 2019 10:35 AM

Yes

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS