Wow, studying the Vulgate in Logos is rubbish

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 26 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 27025
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 25 2019 3:28 PM

Thanks Denise

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 458
Liam & Abi Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 26 2019 11:25 PM

MJ. Smith:

Thanks Denise

+1

Check out my blog 'For Fathers'

Posts 458
Liam & Abi Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 26 2019 11:27 PM

Liam & Abi Maguire:

Does anyone know if there is a way to hover over passage refs in a Lexicon and make it show a specific translation in the pop-up?

For example, when I mouse over a Bible reference in the Analytical Lexicon of the Vulgate the pop up shows the verse in the NIV. Is there a way to make it show the Vulgate instead? Preferably without having it affect which translation is shown in other resources (books, commentaries, etc.)?

Still looking for help on this if anyone can offer advice?

Posts 27025
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 27 2019 12:32 AM

Liam & Abi Maguire:
Still looking for help on this if anyone can offer advice?

I'd assume that advance prioritization would handle this but I don't have the time at the moment to test it.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 458
Liam & Abi Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 27 2019 1:57 AM

Thanks MJ. I did have a play with advanced prioritisation but I couldn't get it to work. 

No problem if you don't have time, perhaps someone else will chime in with the answer.

Posts 18010
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 27 2019 7:40 AM

Liam & Abi Maguire:

Liam & Abi Maguire:

Does anyone know if there is a way to hover over passage refs in a Lexicon and make it show a specific translation in the pop-up?

For example, when I mouse over a Bible reference in the Analytical Lexicon of the Vulgate the pop up shows the verse in the NIV. Is there a way to make it show the Vulgate instead? Preferably without having it affect which translation is shown in other resources (books, commentaries, etc.)?

Still looking for help on this if anyone can offer advice?>

In Library, prioritize Latin Vulgate followed by right click => Set Prioritization Limits (Advanced) then click "from this resource" so can choose Analytical Lexicon of the Vulgate

Screen shot shows Latin Vulgate pop-up for Malachi 3:12 (along with showing my prioritization list has Advanced Bibles for specific resources before my Highest Prioritized Bible for most Logos & Verbum uses).

Prioritizing Latin Vulgate first caused Bible to be removed from later in my prioritization list. After setting Advanced limit for Latin Vulgate, needed to prioritize Latin Vulgate (drag & drop) back to later place in my prioritization list.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 458
Liam & Abi Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 28 2019 2:13 AM

Thank you so much, KS4J, I knew if anyone had the answer it would be you! Big Smile

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS