Logos 8.5 crashes after installing Catalina

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Jason Thomas | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 21 2019 7:54 AM

I have looked & not found anything on here for resolving this issue.  Logos worked fine until I installed Catalina.  I know I should have checked for possible issues before installing (which I normally do).  It is my fault but can someone help?

Posts 21977
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 21 2019 7:59 AM

Hi Jason

If you are running Logos 8.5 I would recommend upgrading to 8.8 SR1 and see if that resolves your issue.

Posts 3
Jason Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 21 2019 8:10 AM

Graham

Thank you!  That did it.  I am learning my way around and just could not find what I needed.  Thank you & I hope this helps someone else as well!

Posts 21977
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 21 2019 8:24 AM

Glad its sorted - and please do post back with any questions about the use of Logos software. There is normally someone around who can try to help.

Posts 38
Beth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 21 2019 10:50 AM

I cannot get Logos to load at all after installing Catalina. How do I get to the update you mention?

Posts 17987
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 21 2019 10:54 AM

Logos Install => https://www.logos.com/install has latest stable download links.

Basic is free => Logos 8 Basic and Verbum 8 Basic

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 38
Beth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 21 2019 11:03 AM

Thank you for the information. When I am getting ready to install, it asks if I want to replace the older version or keep both.....please advise as to which option I should select.

Posts 38
Beth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 21 2019 12:25 PM

I went ahead and kept both and the download is up and running and indexing now. It is good to see it working again.  

Posts 17987
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 21 2019 2:02 PM

Beth:
Thank you for the information. When I am getting ready to install, it asks if I want to replace the older version or keep both.....please advise as to which option I should select.

Recommend replace older version. Once a newer desktop version has opened application files, the older desktop version is no longer usable (will crash since application files were updated to newer version).

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS