Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3
Martin Tohill | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 21 2019 2:42 PM

Android/Samsung Note 9

What I want to do is search my current bible for a word or phrase. 

I open a bible and click the vertical ellipsis. It offers a list of search locations, eg <Mark 14:7>. Since I have no other choice I pick one and it searches all resources for the verse specified. I can now (if I remember) click "all resources" then "bible" then clear the passage and then search for what I want. 

Is there no natural way to simply search the bible?

Thanks,

MJT 

Posts 16
LogosEmployee
Martin Denham (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 22 2019 3:06 AM

There are several ways to bring up Search.  Touching the bottom right 'hamburger' menu and selecting search from there will open up a new empty Search view.  The bottom right menu is the main app menu whereas the top right menu is specific to the currently displayed resource. 

Posts 3
Martin Tohill | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 23 2019 3:34 PM

Thanks for the explanation. As a user I find having two different routes to the same search engine providing two different search experiences confusing but I'll remember this for now.

Thanks again

MJT 

Posts 1509
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 24 2019 11:51 PM

If I understand correctly, Martin wasn't asking how to open search, but how to search the Bible or resource you are currently using:

Martin Tohill:

What I want to do is search my current bible for a word or phrase. 

Even with the new redesign of the Moibile App search interface in v8.7 this is still way too difficult to do. 

99% of the time I search on the Mobile App, I want to search my current resource/Bible. And yet, even with the recent redesign, that still implies a long process of taps (around 10) to achieve. On just about every other Mobile Reader app I know of you can achieve it with 2 taps (1 tap to select the text you want to search for, and 1 tap to search the current resource for that text). 

Posts 3
Martin Tohill | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 28 2019 4:18 PM

If I follow the instructions, click on the hamburger and then the search it then will default to search the bible and allow me to change the range of the search. If I forget and click the vertical ellipsis's then I get the general search. Certainly an awkward arrangement but will do for now. 

I am not a robot. 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS