This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 7
Miguel Labrador | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 27 2019 9:40 AM

How doe one open a range of scripture verses in Logos? For example: 

Genesis 1:1-2:3? 

Posts 517
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 27 2019 9:52 AM

Miguel, the quickest way may be to simply enter the verses into the "Go box."

Does that accomplish what you are seeking to do?

Posts 7
Miguel Labrador | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 27 2019 10:07 AM

Doesn't seem to, although I was missing the "open layout" thing and that might be useful in the future.

What I want to accomplish is only opening the text range and nothing else. On Biblia this is possible:

https://biblia.com/bible/hlyscrptrslvrsn/Ge1.1-2.3

But in Logos it doesn't seem to want to open ONLY the selected text. 

Posts 517
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 27 2019 10:20 AM

Got it.  That is an interesting point.  Biblia does indeed display only the verse range specified, but the Logos 8 desktop application displays the text that follows Genesis 2:3.  By the way, thanks a lot for costing me $10 to buy yet another translation for my library.  Wink. I didn't have that one, but will plan to read it in the year ahead.

May I ask why you only want to see the text up to 2:3?  Maybe there is a work-around to help you accomplish your objective.

Posts 7
Miguel Labrador | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 27 2019 10:29 AM

Well, first, I am developing a daily reading plan and will try to create an "open in Logos" style link for each day.

Second, I want the people who I send the link to, concentrating on only the verses in the selection. It's a collaborative commentary sort of thing. 

Yeah, the TLV is an interesting and scholarly version. I am working through it this year as well. 

Posts 517
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 27 2019 10:50 AM

You can also share a reading plan in Faithlife groups, and the web page will clearly mark the end of the text for each day's reading, but the verses that follow are still visible.  Oh well.

Looking forward to the TLV.  

Posts 22223
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 27 2019 12:26 PM

You could create a Passage List for the range you are interested in - and only those verses will be displayed (on left of screenshot).

If you wish you can "apply" that Passage List as a filter to a Bible and then only that passage is shown

Do either of those approaches help?

Posts 5257
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 27 2019 2:55 PM

Other  Bible Software packahes do this, Logos does not do it directly, only through a passage list filter as Graham pointed out.

Posts 10456
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 27 2019 5:01 PM

DIsciple II:

Other  Bible Software packahes do this, Logos does not do it directly, only through a passage list filter as Graham pointed out.

Yep. I especially like Denise's Bible software (her developer somehow seems to know exactly what she wants).

You can enter a comma delimited series of verse ranges/references. It's especially good in Text Comparison. And as the op notes, concentrate on a specific range.

Posts 27604
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 27 2019 5:04 PM

Denise:
Yep. I especially like Denise's Bible software (her developer somehow seems to know exactly what she wants).

Yep, sometimes I wish to hire your developer ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS