Is there a hack to make Clippings work with non-owned resources?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3051
Doc B | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 29 2019 8:51 AM

Is there a hack to make Clippings work with non-owned resources?

IOW, I sometimes find blog posts, articles online, etc. for which I'd like to cut some material and post it in my clippings for a particular book of the bible or topic, and so on. 

But I don't know how to create a blank, open clipping, unassociated with a resource. How can that be done?

Basically, this would mean a way to make the 'Add clipping' button active when there is no text selected-

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 1413
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 29 2019 9:21 AM

I selected a book I would never use and associate it with my clippings. Then I select the first one in the book each time, and add a clipping. Then I modify it and paste in it what I desire to keep each time, along with web links, reference, etc. The of course, I add my tags.

I am now wondering, however, if I created a PB called Clippings, if that could be used. IDK. Never tested it.

This is certainly not the best way to do it, but it's how I have used clippings in the past.

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 3051
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 29 2019 11:31 AM

That's a good start, Myke.

I meant to mention I've tried the PB tact and it is way too much trouble because of the re-indexing (or whatever you call it) with the Word file. So I was hoping for something simpler, and your hack is simpler.

I already use some unused resources to make dividers in my preferred resource list in the library. This will be one more way to use some stuff I don't use. Ha.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 694
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 30 2019 9:35 PM

Doc, I have thought that would be helpful functionality as well.  For now, I use the L8 notes tool to record that kind of information, and frequently tag the notes to enhance search-ability.  A bit inconvenient in that information I would like to review is not all together in one clipping document or notebook.  But at least I can get to what I'm seeking fairly quickly, even if I have to look in two different places.  I don't mind checking both notes and clippings for saved content, but I share your wish.  If there is a way to do what you're asking now, I don't know what it is.

Posts 439
Mathew Haferkamp | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 31 2019 2:40 AM

Yes Doc it should work like you pointed out but the answers I get keep saying that they want to do away with clippings so why improve it.  Thanks for voicing your opinion I also want to keep clippings and would like it if that button "add clipping" would work. 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS