DATA BUG? Sean - missing tagging?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 28760
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 1 2019 2:34 AM

Normally all references via antecedents and/or deixis are coded in the text. Therefore, when I selected "country of the Gerasenes" in Mark 5:2 NRSV, I was unsure whether you would have treated it as a single lexical unit or treated it as a linguistic chunk. However, I did expect to see a tag for Gerasenes (nation) and a link to the Atlas. Nope and Nope. Note "sea" in the same verse works as I would expect.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 28760
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 24 2019 11:50 PM

bump 12

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2989
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 6 2019 12:36 PM

Hey MJ,

I let the team who does the tagging know about this bug. They've put it on their list.

Posts 799
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 6 2019 12:53 PM

MJ, it looks to me like we've not annotated referents for these (AREA "of" (PLACE)) constructions: compare Mark 1:5 ("the country of Judea"), Mark 1:28 ("the surrounding region of Galilee"), etc. We have annotated referents for a bare noun: Mark 5:10 ("the country" = Gerasenes), 5:14 ("the city" = Gadara). So i think this was intentional rather than accidental, though I no longer recall what the rationale may have been. 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS