ATTN: Kyle - categorization?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 414
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 8 2019 2:33 AM

Hi Kyle, just wondering if the book below is wrongly placed in Bible Commentaries... I recognise that it has significant biblical milestones, especially with John's Gospel, but it still seems to me like it should either be a Biblical Theology or more likely, a Monograph.

Cullmann, Oscar. Early Christian Worship. Edited by Peter R. Ackroyd, James Barr, C. F. Evans, Floyd V. Filson, and C. F. D. Moule. Translated by A. Stewart Todd and James B. Torrance. Studies in Biblical Theology. London: SCM Press Ltd, 1953.

Posts 414
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 8 2019 2:38 AM

Another one to consider... Instead of Monograph, how about putting it in Atlases?

Dowley, Tim, and Nick Rowland. Atlas of Christian History. Minneapolis, MN: Fortress Press, 2016.

Posts 414
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 8 2019 3:30 AM

Okay, sorry - some more. I'm tagging a new batch of books. Could these go in Calendar Devotionals?

Daughters of Saint Paul. Advent Grace: Daily Gospel Reflections. Boston, MA: Pauline Books & Media, 2009.

Daughters of Saint Paul. Easter Grace: Daily Gospel Reflections. Edited by Maria Grace Dateno and Marianne Lorraine Trouvé. Boston, MA: Pauline Books & Media, 2011.

Sirois, Celia. Word of Life: Daily Scripture Companion. Boston, MA: Pauline Books & Media, 2008.

Hermes, Kathryn J. Minute Meditations for Lent. Edited by Christine S. Setticase. Boston, MA: Pauline Books & Media, 2009.

Posts 3111
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 8 2019 7:17 AM

Jordan Litchfield:
. Could these go in Calendar Devotionals?

Calendar Devotionals is presently used for devotionals attached to the secular calendar. Are your suggestions attached to the secular calendar or to a liturgical calendar?

Posts 414
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 8 2019 8:12 AM

SineNomine:
Calendar Devotionals is presently used for devotionals attached to the secular calendar. Are your suggestions attached to the secular calendar or to a liturgical calendar?

I see. They are attached to the liturgical calendar. Thanks

Posts 1011
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 10 2019 11:12 PM

Jordan Litchfield:

Hi Kyle, just wondering if the book below is wrongly placed in Bible Commentaries... I recognise that it has significant biblical milestones, especially with John's Gospel, but it still seems to me like it should either be a Biblical Theology or more likely, a Monograph.

Cullmann, Oscar. Early Christian Worship. Edited by Peter R. Ackroyd, James Barr, C. F. Evans, Floyd V. Filson, and C. F. D. Moule. Translated by A. Stewart Todd and James B. Torrance. Studies in Biblical Theology. London: SCM Press Ltd, 1953.

I understand where you're coming from but we usually don't change a resource type from Bible Commentary. At this point that would mean forfeiting Passage Guide support. We're hoping to change that arrangement in the future.

Jordan Litchfield:

Another one to consider... Instead of Monograph, how about putting it in Atlases?

Dowley, Tim, and Nick Rowland. Atlas of Christian History. Minneapolis, MN: Fortress Press, 2016.

We updated the resource type for this one. Thanks.

SineNomine:

Jordan Litchfield:
. Could these go in Calendar Devotionals?

I did add these to our list to receive liturgical calendar milestones. I'll need to double check but I believe that will allow these to be treated as devotionals.

Posts 414
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 11 2019 12:14 AM

Thanks 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS