Suggestion: Right-click "Add to [open collection]" for links to resources that you have in your library

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 19262
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jun 20 2010 10:25 PM

I would like a much easier way to make up a collection of random books encountered in bibliographies in Logos. For example, right now I'm going through the list of recommended commentaries at the back of How To Read the Bible For All Its Worth (Fee & Stuart) and I'd like to add all the commentaries they recommend to my list of top commentaries for each book of the Bible.

So I propose that if you right click on a link to a resource that you have in your library, one of the options at the bottom right when "Link" is selected in the right-click menu should be "Add to [collection]" where collection is the open (or most recently opened) collection. Ideally, sometime down the road, this could be expanded to allow selecting any collection, but first stab at the feature, making it work the way "add a note" or "add a clipping" works now would be a huge help.

As it is now, the only way to do this is go back and forth between this bibliography and your collections tab, in the bibliography find the next reference you want to add to the collection, in the collections tab type something into the collections "Find" box that will match just this book, find it in the "results" pane below (which by now will be filling up and become harder and harder to find things in) drag it from there up into the "plus these resources" area, and keep going until you've made up the whole collection.

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 20 2010 10:35 PM

Rosie, what about opening the resource and clicking on the info icon and adding a special tag for the needed dynamic collection? Looks simple enough for me. It's true that option had not been available in the first version of Logos 4. Now you can add tag or rating by opening info of the opened resource.

Bohuslav

Posts 19262
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 20 2010 10:43 PM

Bohuslav Wojnar:

Rosie, what about opening the resource and clicking on the info icon and add a special tag for the needed dynamic collection? Looks simple enough for me. It's true that option had not been available in the first version of Logos 4. Now you can add tag or rating by opening info of the opened resource.

That would be a good idea. I'd still have to open each resource to do it, instead of being able to do it just by right-clicking on their links, so it would be kind of slow, but it would be an improvement over the other method I was using. Thanks.

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 20 2010 10:59 PM

Rosie Perera:
That would be a good idea. I'd still have to open each resource to do it, instead of being able to do it just by right-clicking on their links, so it would be kind of slow, but it would be an improvement over the other method I was using. Thanks.

OK, I forgot the original suggestion was to be able to use the right click on the reference in the book you study.

Bohuslav

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 21 2010 3:15 AM

Rosie Perera:
So I propose that if you right click on a link to a resource that you have in your library, one of the options at the bottom right when "Link" is selected in the right-click menu should be "Add to [collection]" where collection is the open (or most recently opened) collection.

Not a bad idea. I would suggest another option, too. allow users to drag a logosres: link into the "add these resource" section of a collection. Or to highlight a block of text, drag it to the block into the "add" section and it extract all the hyperlinks to resources.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS