You Broke Notes

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 22 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 22203
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2019 7:34 AM

NATHAN:
Notes are sorting themselves from Z-A.  I would like the reverse of that.  That does not appear to be an option.  No matter which option I choose

Sorry I misunderstood.

I don't believe there is a mechanism to change the sort order - just the ability to select different sort options.

NATHAN:
I don't understand how "select specific facets" in Notes tool to remedy this situation.

It doesn't address your requirement (as I now understand it). But the ability to sort by Reference - for example - requires a Reference (such as Bible) to be selected in the sidebar at the left of the Notes Tool

Posts 160
MWW | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2019 8:18 AM

FWIW: Count me as one who finds Logos 8 notes far superior to Logos 7 notes. And also, I think the right click context menu is outstanding.

A few years ago Faithlife did send out a survey asking Logos users regarding their experience with notes and how they could be improved upon. I did send in my frustrations and suggestions. Logos 8 notes is Faithlife's attempt to improve the notes system and in my opinion it is an improvement. I didn't use Logos 7 notes but I am now using Logos 8 notes.

However, I do believe the notes are in need of further improvement as they still are clunkish and complex. I still prefer the UI with MS OneNote to Logos 8 notes (see picture)... but Logos 8 is getting closer. And the great advantage is having my notes appear in Logos basic searches. 

My suggestions:

• Notes interface could be cleaned up. It is too busy at the top.
  • A collapsible tool bar and menu bar would be nice.
  • Formatting of text is not quite there yet especially when pasting text, sometimes results are unexpected.
  • Make it easier to turn on and off notes in Bibles and other resources. Digging down through the visual filter menu to uncheck notes is tedious. 

Posts 2876
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2019 9:24 AM

I have stopped using Notes altogether. Until they figure out what they want and get stable, and then fix the little issues everyone complains about, I'm not even going to try to learn it. I spent hours on the tool (since L3) trying to make it work and keep up with the changes, and all that work keeps being wasted. It isn't worth the time investment. It may very well be a better tool than it ever was, but right now it is an unstable tool (because of changes).

As far as I'm concerned, until this thing stabilizes, Logos is a bible software program without a notes tool.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS