Number system for bible books

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2902
Doc B | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 26 2019 1:06 PM

I occasionally see a list of bible books numbered, with Genesis=1, Exodus=2, and so on. Matthew=61, so I assume 40-60 are for apocryphal books. (??)

Does anyone have a formal list of these I can see? By 'formal,' I mean one that seems to be standard and not simply one you made up.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 10547
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 26 2019 2:00 PM

Doc B:

I occasionally see a list of bible books numbered, with Genesis=1, Exodus=2, and so on. Matthew=61, so I assume 40-60 are for apocryphal books. (??)

Does anyone have a formal list of these I can see? By 'formal,' I mean one that seems to be standard and not simply one you made up.

I use these numbers for tagging, and my source is this wiki page: https://wiki.logos.com/Canonical_Commentary_Collections but it may happen to be the list Logos uses internally to assign LLS-identifiers to commentaries.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 2902
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 26 2019 2:11 PM

NB.Mick:

Thassa one.  Thx!

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS