Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jun 21 2010 7:11 PM

3,4,5,7 and 31. iTunes comes back with a wrong format error when I try and transfer them to my iPad, even though they WILL play in iTunes itself. I am currently applying a persuader to those files. But if any of you videophiles have a clue as to why, let me know.

Posts 856
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 21 2010 8:03 PM

I encountered the same problem. The native video size is larger than what the iPad will support but for some reason some of the files still seem to work. Very wierd. I would be interested if others have some insight.

Posts 139
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 21 2010 9:50 PM

Terry Poperszky:

3,4,5,7 and 31. iTunes comes back with a wrong format error when I try and transfer them to my iPad, even though they WILL play in iTunes itself. I am currently applying a persuader to those files. But if any of you videophiles have a clue as to why, let me know.

I don't know the technical reason for this, but note the FAQ says they won't work on the iPad. So you should consider it a bonus if any of them do Smile

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2010 7:04 AM

Sean Boisen:
I don't know the technical reason for this, but note the FAQ says they won't work on the iPad. So you should consider it a bonus if any of them do Smile

Faqs??? You want me to read Faqs??? Next, you will want me to read instructions! I am male, hear me ROAR! I don't do faqs, instructions or directions! Big Smile

I just ran the offending videos through a little application call "Handbrake", re-formatted them for the iPad/iPhone and I can watch them all! Stick out tongue

BTW - Logos might want to rethink not formatting them natively for the iPad, they are gorgeous running through that interface and actually look a bit clearer than on my MBP 15" (IMHO)

Posts 219
Dennis Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 25 2010 10:08 AM

That's what I was going to suggest also, handbrake is a great app for video conversion.

Posts 184
lostlogik | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 25 2010 10:49 AM

Dennis Miller:

That's what I was going to suggest also, handbrake is a great app for video conversion.

Yep, that's how I got to watch them on my iPhone.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS