Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 887
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jun 21 2010 9:52 PM

There is a major audio problem with the Lesson Greek 7 - Nominative on the "Learn to Use Greek" DVD videos. The segments where he's displaying what he's doing in Logos 4 are way, way, way quieter than the parts where he's a "talking head." I didn't notice it as much on the other couple chapters/lessons I briefly looked at, nor on the Hebrew chapters/lessons I looked at for comparison. It appears (or rather sounds like) they mastered the audio for this one really badly.

Also, my 2 DVDs are also labeled as Logos 3, not Logos 4, and they are identically labeled. I had to put them in my PC to find out if I indeed had both the Hebrew and Greek DVDs.

Replacements/resmastering might be something I need to contact Logos about.

Optimistically Egalitarian (Galatians 3:28)

Posts 1142
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2010 4:43 AM

EricSWeiss:
Also, my 2 DVDs are also labeled as Logos 3, not Logos 4,

Same here as far as Logos 3, but one of mine says (Greek) and the other (Hebrew).   FYI

Posts 3915
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2010 4:57 AM

EricSWeiss:
my 2 DVDs are also labeled as Logos 3,

this has been reported by others as well, in this thread:    http://community.logos.com/forums/t/18205.aspx?PageIndex=2

I haven't received my copy yet, so I don't know what interesting things I will find!

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2010 7:18 AM

As I was previewing several lessons in the Greek tutorials I noticed substantial difference in the volume of the narrator's voice as they cut between the talking head and the close up of Logos. I have also seen others reporting the same thing in various other threads. I suggest that as you run across the differences, you note them in this thread along with the time stamps of the changes (appears in the viewer you are using). This will make it easier for Logos to correct the situation.

Posts 887
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 7:59 PM

EricSWeiss:

There is a major audio problem with the Lesson Greek 7 - Nominative on the "Learn to Use Greek" DVD videos. The segments where he's displaying what he's doing in Logos 4 are way, way, way quieter than the parts where he's a "talking head." I didn't notice it as much on the other couple chapters/lessons I briefly looked at, nor on the Hebrew chapters/lessons I looked at for comparison. It appears (or rather sounds like) they mastered the audio for this one really badly.

Also, my 2 DVDs are also labeled as Logos 3, not Logos 4, and they are identically labeled. I had to put them in my PC to find out if I indeed had both the Hebrew and Greek DVDs.

Replacements/resmastering might be something I need to contact Logos about.

Okay, correction: One of my DVDs says (Greek) and the other says (Hebrew). I didn't see that at first. But they both say Logos Bible Software 3.

Optimistically Egalitarian (Galatians 3:28)

Posts 159
Dennis Audet | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 29 2010 7:24 PM

I'v observed the same sound problem and reported it to Logos via email. They asked me to post it on the forums and I just did so here ttp://community.logos.com/forums/t/19032.aspx before I noticed your entry.

Living in the Fruit of the Spirit! Big Smile

For the glory of God alone! Yes

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS