[BUG] διί̈στημι word study missing the ring and the morphology chart

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1529
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 5 2019 9:12 AM

The subject line says it all. The word is rare, but for example in  Luke 24:51

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 22658
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 5 2019 9:31 AM

Veli Voipio:

The subject line says it all. The word is rare, but for example in  Luke 24:51

I'm seeing them - please provide more details

Posts 1529
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 5 2019 10:55 AM

Graham Criddle:
please provide more details

Very interesting: This does not work for me, but other words do work so far.

I have the latest non-beta Logos version and Windows 8.1

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 22658
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 5 2019 10:59 AM

Veli Voipio:
I have the latest non-beta Logos version and Windows 8.1

My screenshow was from Logos 8.9 SR1 on Windows 10.

Posts 22658
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 5 2019 11:07 AM

I notice that in the Lemma section of your screenshot there is no gloss associated with the lemma (on the same line as it) and no sparkline showing where it appears in the text.

So it looks as though the version the BWS thinks is being used doesn't actually contain the lemma.

What Bible are you starting from?

Posts 1529
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 5 2019 11:30 AM

Well, I tried the same thing with my laptop that has Windows 10.

I still have the same problem. Indifferent

I updated the software in the laptop to SR-1, and I, and the behavior is the same before and after the update.

I am not sure how urgent this bug is. FL has 11 software careers open, so I guess FL does not have time for software details.

Just slightly off topic: recently my Internet provider increased the speed to 400 MBit/s and the download max was 472 MBit/s according to the Windows speedometer. It means that Faithlife has good servers. Cool

Posts 1529
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 5 2019 11:38 AM

Graham Criddle:

So it looks as though the version the BWS thinks is being used doesn't actually contain the lemma.

What Bible are you starting from?

I am using Lexham Discourse New Testament. I've turned the lemma line off, because I know most of the words.

Turning the lemma line on does show the lemma, but it did not solve the problem.

Thousand thanks for all your efforts!

Posts 22658
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 5 2019 12:30 PM

Veli Voipio:
I am using Lexham Discourse New Testament. I've turned the lemma line off, because I know most of the words.

I was referring to the lemma section in the BWS. 

Compare that section in the screenshot below - the first when running the BWS from the Lexham Discourse Greek New Testament, the second from the ESV.

When I run it from the Lexham Discource GNT, I get the same results as you so there is something odd about that particular resource.

Posts 1529
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 5 2019 1:20 PM

Ok, thanks a lot, you found it! I can see that you come from the land of great detectives!

So the problem is in the resource. I guess they can fix it very easily.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS