Where are the clickable infographics

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 8005
DAL | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 7 2019 1:42 PM

I remember in Libronix we used to have infographics that were kind of interactive.  Did we lose those?

I remember on the Temple or Tabernacle infographics, each section of the Temple or Tabernacle had numbers and when we clicked on them a pop up window would show up and show you the inside of the tabernacle or temple and the information relevant to it.  After you got done seeing things, then it would go back to the big infographic with the numbers.

I can't seem to find it.  It seems we were told we don't lose functionalities, that they keep adding up, but this one seems like it's gone.

I don't mean to be negative, but it seems like Logos has screwed up majorly in the graphics department and it hasn't bother to improved just a bit, but on the contrary, it has messed things up and made them worse.  At least in Libronix graphics were kind of descent and cool, but with the new Logos things don't seem to be getting better.

Anyway, back to the clickable infographics for temple and tabernacle: Did we lose those?

Thanks!

DAL

Posts 5598
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2019 1:57 PM

Off hand I can’t remember these specifically but sounds like something that would be included as an interactive in Logos these day. Also have you tried a media search. Not at computer to check at the moment myself.

There were some aspects of Libronix that were not carried over. They had a page of missing features that were being ‘worked on’ that one day was silently taken down without everything being completed and no explanation or apology for not migrating those features as promised. There was also some resources I owned that were never moved over to Logos that were in the old LLS two file per book ( text and index).

Posts 24532
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2019 2:06 PM

DAL:
Anyway, back to the clickable infographics for temple and tabernacle: Did we lose those?

Try the FSB Interactive Infographics resource

Posts 8005
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2019 2:45 PM

Sorry Graham, but those are not it.  Maybe Denise can help out, since she still has Libronix installed in her computer.  I know they are different.  So maybe it's under those things that did not get carried over to the new Logos infrastructure.  What a bummer!

DAL

Posts 24532
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2019 3:25 PM

Strange - the Tabernacle and Temple in that resource are clickable as you describe.

How did the other ones differ?

Posts 8005
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2019 3:28 PM

Graham Criddle:

Strange - the Tabernacle and Temple in that resource are clickable as you describe.

How did the other ones differ?

The temple looked different and had numbers around in the areas where you could click and a pop up window with a picture would show up.  It would reveal inside parts or zoom in and out court of the gentiles and other areas.  Same for the tabernacle.

DAL

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2019 3:55 PM

Sorry to disappoint. I guess I didn't buy that module? Or standalone? Mapping was standalone. 3D and selectable display!

I had to interrupt Libby doing a fuzzy search on Canaanite inscriptions. Can L8 do that? El-Seven can't. Then I admired Libby's timelines, so nicely organized (vs El-Seven's kitchen-sink display). Then you have your keylink summary .... most young Logos whippersnappers can't even dream of that one!

Quiet down Libby ... back to Canaan.

Regarding Graham's example, maybe when they re-structured at L6, the clickable numbers/popups were converted to slides (arrows bottom right). Remember, there's TWO sets of temple/tabernacle infographics ... one with numbers/slides, and one you click on the rooms (neither popups).  They hated graphic popups, though Libby does image zooms too.

Ok, Libby ... 2nd time .... Canaan.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 8005
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2019 5:39 PM

Your post still helps, Denise! Now maybe someone from FL could tell us what happened and why the change.  I noticed some resources still have some sort of pop up window but not like they used to anymore.  As a result we have a bunch of inconsistent ways of showing media/graphics in Logos.

DAL

Posts 5598
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2019 11:38 PM

I just came across what Graham suggested and thought it might have been what you were looking for, possibly format did change at some point.

https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013385652-Interactive-Infographics-from-the-Faithlife-Study-Bible 

Posts 8005
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 8 2019 2:07 PM

DIsciple II:

I just came across what Graham suggested and thought it might have been what you were looking for, possibly format did change at some point.

https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013385652-Interactive-Infographics-from-the-Faithlife-Study-Bible 

Yep, as suspected — FL screwed up the temple and tabernacle graphics.  Oh well! There’s always Rose Publishing on steroids within Accordance.  I can’t believe FL had something great and they just downgraded it and screwed it up!

DAL

Posts 5598
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 8 2019 3:42 PM

Your surprised this has happened?

DAL:

DIsciple II:

Yep, as suspected — FL screwed up the temple and tabernacle graphics.  Oh well! There’s always Rose Publishing on steroids within Accordance.  I can’t believe FL had something great and they just downgraded it and screwed it up!

DAL

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 8 2019 4:14 PM

DAL:
Yep, as suspected

DAL ... don't kill me, but are you sure you looked at both resources?

1. The Interactive Infographics from the FSB. That's the one Graham shows. You click on different blue'd parts of the temple, and it drills in. Dated 2014 or L6.

2. FSB Infographics. This resource was last updated 2012 (L5, but came from L4). It's got the temple view with the numbers you remember. Granted, your missing popups.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 422
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 9 2019 3:58 PM

Are you sure this happened? INTERACTIVE:FSB-INFOGRAPHICS works as expected on my machine. 

https://ref.ly/logosres/interactive:fsb-infographics?pos=index.html

DIsciple II:

DAL:

DIsciple II:

DAL

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 8005
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 9 2019 4:24 PM

Adam, the graphics are not the same as the ones Libronix had.  They were actually better than the ones currently available in Logos 8.

DAL

Posts 4468
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 10 2019 6:14 AM

Adam Borries (Faithlife):

Are you sure this happened? INTERACTIVE:FSB-INFOGRAPHICS works as expected on my machine. 

https://ref.ly/logosres/interactive:fsb-infographics?pos=index.html

DIsciple II:

DAL:

DIsciple II:

DAL

Adam

On a side note, DAL and myself made some more comments on this in a different thread.  --> https://community.logos.com/forums/t/186884.aspx 

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS