New American Commentaries

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 23 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 726
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2021 1:47 AM

The CSC is a brand new series and although they may use the same author occasionally the series should not be confused.

As to the suggested page count - there is nothing definitive from the publisher yet - and distributors get this sort of thing wrong all the time. Witness the highly speculative details issued in the past by Amazon et.al. regarding the still unissued WBC volumes.

We will just have to wait and see.

Posts 8205
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2021 2:13 AM

So is it a new series or rebranding an old series? If it’s rebranding, they have no clue what rebranding means; so I’m leaning more towards “New series.” Rebranding is what Understanding the Bible Commentary series went through and the change reflected on our libraries.  That being said, I hope they finish the last 2 volumes on the NAC that are missing.

DAL

Posts 513
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2021 2:42 AM

Kevin A Lewis:

As to the suggested page count - there is nothing definitive from the publisher yet - and distributors get this sort of thing wrong all the time..

https://www.bhpublishinggroup.com/products/galatians-the-christian-standard-commentary/ 

Publisher's page count : 350 Big Smile

Posts 1612
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2021 4:08 AM

DAL:

So is it a new series or rebranding an old series? If it’s rebranding, they have no clue what rebranding means; so I’m leaning more towards “New series.” Rebranding is what Understanding the Bible Commentary series went through and the change reflected on our libraries.  That being said, I hope they finish the last 2 volumes on the NAC that are missing.

DAL

It's definitely a new series. Albeit the initial volumes are based on updating volumes from the NAC series. You're quite right the other series you mention was purely rebranding and redesigned covers.

Here's the preface to the 1 & 2 Peter and Jude volume, which clears shows it's not just a rebranding.

It is a privilege and a joy to revise the first edition of my commentary on 1 & 2 Peter and Jude. I have read widely (but not exhaustively) recent research for the sake of the revision, and I have rethought every line written and made quite a few changes. I haven’t changed my mind significantly on major interpretive questions, but I have added new material and nuanced what was said in the first edition. For instance, interacting with feminist thought has helped me think through more clearly the import of Peter’s words to wives in 1 Pet 3:1–6, and I have also tried to think through the Trinitarian implications where such a discussion is relevant.

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS