Logos 9 Wishlist

Page 37 of 38 (747 items) « First ... < Previous 34 35 36 37 38 Next >
This post has 746 Replies | 42 Followers

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2020 5:01 PM

Phil Tuften:

Currently, each time I change from OT to NT Layout, I have to change my // text.

Surely, this is possible, and would help not only myself but others who use one English translation and the original languages.  I use these Layouts for sermon prep

Phil, I'm not detracting from your desire for a // solution.

But Logos offers another choice you might like.

1. Open an ESV (your preferred english translation)

2. Click on the multi-view icon (3 vertical lines)

3. Add LHB, and NA28 (as examples); then close the selector

When you're in the OT, only the english and hebrew shows. In the NT, only the english and greek shows. The ESV is the 'leader'; the OLs follow.

Plus, you might add the LXX or DSS Biblicals to the OT view. Or maybe add a majority greek for the NT. Very flexible. Add notes, highlights, etc And you can have multiple multi-views too.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 16
Goh Yong Li Samuel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2020 10:14 PM

Diego Lara:

I like Logos 8 as it is. But it you could add Dark Mode that would be awesome. Accordance has added that to their latest release. 

yes, Native DARK MODE please!!!

Posts 16
Goh Yong Li Samuel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2020 10:18 PM

improve copy and paste Bible verses on mobile? can you learn a little from android Quick Bible? swipe up from the Bible Book, let you drop at which Bible Book you want. tap once, tap 3 dots icon, tap copy, and you can paste... I wonder how many steps it would take logos to copy... a lot of "friction" to make working on ipad only bad.

report typo on ipad. report typo of (ability to highlight text on) footnotes

Posts 185
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 8 2020 6:01 AM

Goh Yong Li Samuel:

Diego Lara:

I like Logos 8 as it is. But it you could add Dark Mode that would be awesome. Accordance has added that to their latest release. 

yes, Native DARK MODE please!!!

Yes!!  My eyes thank you in advance.

Posts 41
Pastor Don Carpenter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 8 2020 7:56 AM

My biggest request for the Logos 9 rollout is allow us to buy the upgrade right away without having to add resources!  I already have more than I will ever use... but I want the latest upgrades. I am still paying for a huge collection.  Please offer the upgrade right away with no extra fluff.  While I am at it, show some love for years of loyalty.  The longer you have been using Logos, the cheaper the upgrade should be.

Posts 5365
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 8 2020 8:32 AM

Pastor Don Carpenter:
While I am at it, show some love for years of loyalty.  The longer you have been using Logos, the cheaper the upgrade should be.

I would love to agree with you Don - however, I got the engine for free in the first place. The only money that I have given Faithlife over the years is that which I have spent on resources. They kindly used part of that money to develop the software.

I wonder how you propose the work to develop Logos 10 should be funded?

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 8 2020 8:45 AM

Pastor Don Carpenter:
allow us to buy the upgrade right away without having to add resources! 

That's an interesting option. Myself, I buy any good deals, also the features and skip the upgrade (until they offer an intuitive search interface anyway). The new features are a bit of a struggle without the upgrade, but copper sharpens copper is what I say.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 1136
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 8 2020 10:15 AM

Pastor Don Carpenter:

While I am at it, show some love for years of loyalty.  The longer you have been using Logos, the cheaper the upgrade should be.

That would be nice. Once you have been with Logos for a while and have purchased a larger library, the free books and many other sales don't work  anymore because you have them already. But I guess Logos tries to address this through the annual cash-back scheme.

Posts 5509
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 10 2020 8:07 PM

Pastor Don Carpenter:
The longer you have been using Logos, the cheaper the upgrade should be.

In general, the more you have purchased, the cheaper upgrading is.

I know we think of loyalty in terms of time, but it's money that keeps Faithlife in business.

Pastor Don Carpenter:
My biggest request for the Logos 9 rollout is allow us to buy the upgrade right away without having to add resources! 

Did they not offer Feature Sets from day one when Logos/Verbum 8 came out?

Posts 1
Shawn Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 10 2020 8:10 PM

Dark mode on PC.  Just like on the mobile application.  White letters black background.  This will make the long study sessions much easier on the eyes.  Thank You and God Bless You! 

Posts 3176
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 11 2020 3:09 AM

Shawn Smith:

Dark mode on PC.  Just like on the mobile application.  White letters black background.  This will make the long study sessions much easier on the eyes.  Thank You and God Bless You! 

I wish too for that ability.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 371
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 11 2020 3:59 AM

Having come from WS, I can only wonder why I didn't try Logos years ago. Love it!  I would ask for consideration to be able to delete "Personal Books" I have created.   I tried to bring in a doc file from WS and accidentally put it in "Personal Books" and now its frozen there but all the references are linked back to WS and thus doesn't work. And I can't delete it. 

So, in Logos 9, I would ask consideration be given to being able to delete a "Personal Book" (i.e. Tools->Personal Books) that I have created. Maybe there's a way already and I haven't found it?

Thanks

xn = Christan  man=man

Posts 29601
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 11 2020 5:24 AM

welcome! Smile

xnman:

Having come from WS, I can only wonder why I didn't try Logos years ago. Love it!  I would ask for consideration to be able to delete "Personal Books" I have created.   I tried to bring in a doc file from WS and accidentally put it in "Personal Books" and now its frozen there but all the references are linked back to WS and thus doesn't work. And I can't delete it. 

So, in Logos 9, I would ask consideration be given to being able to delete a "Personal Book" (i.e. Tools->Personal Books) that I have created. Maybe there's a way already and I haven't found it?

Thanks

Create a new thread about the topic and forum members will help. You should create it in the L8 desktop forum. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 233
cshover8669 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 11 2020 9:45 AM

If you right-click on the personal book title, you should see a pop-up with delete as the only option. Clicking delete should delete your book. Although it doesn't always. Not sure why, but I have a couple that has not deleted, but try it. Works for me 99% of the time. Carla

Posts 1156
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 11 2020 10:35 AM

My current wishlist... and I can't wait to see what they've come up with.

Desktop App:

• Most recent page in each resource bookmarked across devices so when I open a book I've been reading on my tablet in the desktop app or vice versa, I'm where I left off. (Perhaps this is already supposed to happen but it doesn't?)
  • Custom Reading plans to be able to add sections from books with a similar interface to the printing menu, or based off the ToC divisions of the books.
  • Courses Tool shows a filter for 'owned'.
  • Cache homepage between sessions or pre-emptively load tomorrow so that there isn't a delay when I open it.
  • Bring the mobile verse selector to the desktop app for the textbox on bibles and commentaries - this will help touchscreens.
  • Get rid of the home button at the top left and take me there when I click the Logos icon instead.

Mobile App:

• Stop showing the spinning thing when I'm scrolling down in my book. Or if you really must then move it near the bottom of the screen. Cache a little more or something.
  • Invert the colours on the Layouts menu - this is inconsistent with the rest of the UI and it makes it very difficult for eink devices.
  • Add particular book / layout shortcuts to Android/apple home screen.
  • Proper text to speech for Mobile apps. Esp Android with playback controls.

Webapp upgrades:

• Read aloud which highlights each word as it goes. The new official speech firefox plugin does this so beautifully but not with the Logos web app.
  • The passage guide is filled out with theological sections and everything on the desktop.
  • The info panel is upgraded to match the desktop.
  • 4 panels side by side - width adjustable. Screens are so wide these days.

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 24894
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 11 2020 10:49 AM

John Goodman:
Most recent page in each resource bookmarked across devices so when I open a book I've been reading on my tablet in the desktop app or vice versa, I'm where I left off. (Perhaps this is already supposed to happen but it doesn't?)

This should happen already so long as the resource isn't already open on the second device. if it is, the position will not be updated.

Posts 1156
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2020 12:37 AM

Graham Criddle:

John Goodman:
Most recent page in each resource bookmarked across devices so when I open a book I've been reading on my tablet in the desktop app or vice versa, I'm where I left off. (Perhaps this is already supposed to happen but it doesn't?)

This should happen already so long as the resource isn't already open on the second device. if it is, the position will not be updated.

I find Logos takes a little longer to load than I'm happy with so I actually never exit the program on my desktop except for updates. I guess its a throwback to the 'windows' way of thinking that the program expects to be restarted a lot;)

Thanks for the hint though. It would be easy enough to close the layout as I finish my session.

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 5365
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2020 8:33 AM

John Goodman:
Thanks for the hint though. It would be easy enough to close the layout as I finish my session.

There is a bit of logic to the way things work.

Anthropomorphising the program...

O look he wants Andy Capps Commentary open - it not open so we might as well open it to the place he left it on his ipad.

O look he wants Andy Capps Commentary open - its open on his iPad but he left it open at a specific page on this device last time he used it. Bet he wants it to open where he left here.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 57
phrogger | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2020 5:53 PM

No new themes, features, data sets, books necessary.

Just less sluggish and stammering on macOS. That is all.

Posts 1
Robert Butcher | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 13 2020 3:07 PM

This may have already been said, but what I would like to see is the following. All of my feature requests are for the mobile app. It’s possible the app already has some of this stuff, and I just missed it. 
—add factbook to mobile

—add the ability to toggle strongs numbers along side text to mobile (without having to use a resource that has strongs included)

—add concordance and number of appearances of x term in search to mobile

—add same exhaustive Bible plan builder that the web has to mobile

—ability to use workflows on mobile (if we can’t already)

—after we buy an explorer (like psalms explorer) they can be used in the mobile app as well

—if the app doesn’t have the same search tools as web (like the AND, OR,,, tools) then add them, if the app does, could you make it more clear by adding them to the example searches

—a gray/dark gray theme

—and other features the web has, the app doesn’t. In short make the app more like the site in terms of features, not necessarily in format/design

Page 37 of 38 (747 items) « First ... < Previous 34 35 36 37 38 Next > | RSS