Logos 9 Wishlist

Page 4 of 31 (616 items) ยซ First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last ยป
This post has 615 Replies | 36 Followers

Posts 2437
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2019 12:48 AM

DAL:
One shouldn’t have to invest on an expensive computer to run Logos. 

I didn't. It costs less than a cup of McDonald's coffee each day over the computer's life expectancy. All of my problems (much like yours)disappeared with the upgrade.

You invest in what matters most to you. Counting the cost isn't always apparent on a price tag.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 10659
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2019 1:57 AM

pk47:

A search bar within the Personal Book tab would be greatly appreciated. I hate scrolling down to find the book I'm looking for. 

Ctrl-F does work in the PB Tool, so this may help you using it better than just scrolling. But you are right, this tool has been neglected and is not very usable. 

Worthy for L9 would be an interface with filters and facets, like the ones already existing for e.g. for the library, for courses and for documents.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 7214
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2019 2:00 AM

mab:

DAL:
One shouldn’t have to invest on an expensive computer to run Logos. 

I didn't. It costs less than a cup of McDonald's coffee each day over the computer's life expectancy. All of my problems (much like yours)disappeared with the upgrade.

You invest in what matters most to you. Counting the cost isn't always apparent on a price tag.

Oh yeah, how much did you invest right off the bat? — taxes and everything else included.  Give us the actual price, I’m sure you won’t mind sharing that with us.

DAL

Posts 7214
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2019 2:58 AM

What new books should we include? <~~~ This question can be interpreted as misleading.  To me it doesn’t need clarification, but to others hoping for CARTA resources to be included in Logos 9 it’s definitely a misleading question perhaps promising something that will not happen.

I’m 100% sure you mean new books from the existing catalog that have never been included in a base package before — not new books that aren’t part of the existing catalog and that all of a sudden will magically appear in the new Logos 9 base packages.  If memory serves me correctly, I don’t think that’s ever been done before.  The only thing close to that have been prepub titles that were snuck in a base package and downloaded later when they were completed.  Carta, as of now, hasn’t even been negotiated.

I’m just saying. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘Œ

DAL

Posts 181
One Hope Fellowship (OHF) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2019 3:36 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

What does your ideal Logos 9 upgrade look like? What would make Logos 9 an irresistible upgrade for you?

1. Speed.

2. Speed.

3. Speed.

4. Performance.

5. Speed.

No getting around it, Logos FEELS heavy in operation. I just deleted and reinstalled (about 9,000 resources) and it helped significantly. But it still takes a momentary pause to bring up the right-click panel; scrolling is a tad jumpy even with only a Bible panel open, not linked to anything. I have a 2017 MacBook Pro running a 2.9 Ghz processor (with graphics switching turned off), and no other program feels as weighty as Logos, including Photoshop. I'm concerned that adding new features will slow Logos down even more, and that would make me sad. 

Posts 181
One Hope Fellowship (OHF) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2019 3:42 AM

Checkboxes in the Library panel for selecting large numbers of items for downloading, deletion, tagging, etc.

Posts 181
One Hope Fellowship (OHF) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2019 3:42 AM

Making custom sermon templates in Logos available to Proclaim and vice versa.

Posts 504
Liam & Abi Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2019 5:23 AM

An option to hide ALL the tool bars (think Windows bar auto-hide)! So much line space is wasted by not being able to hide the top tool bar (library, search, etc.) or the tool bars in book panes. Please. 

I'd also like to see a build your own base package offering. Even if that was a mix and match from whatever the existing base packages on offer, or a tiered system eg. Mix and match from all Gold level resources, etc.

Carpe verbum.

Posts 358
Andrew Biddinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2019 5:34 AM

danwdoo:

• Easy bookmarks. Logos is all about reading, so make it easier to quickly get back to the book and place within it I was reading on all platforms with a simple bookmark setting in the upper right corner of a resource like most other reading programs have. Also add a 'currently reading' and 'to read' bookshelf feature so I can easily find the couple of books I am actively reading and the next ones on my to read list.

Agree. Between this and redoing Reading Plans to be more user friendly. 

Also, connect the mobile "Reference Scanner" to output reading plans.

Also, the ability to access/filter a book's highlights on mobile from the actual book (like on desktop).

These would make better reading experiences.

Posts 2030
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2019 7:28 AM

pk47:

A search bar within the Personal Book tab would be greatly appreciated. I hate scrolling down to find the book I'm looking for. 

Thank you

You can use the find (in this panel) button under the 3 dots to the right of the PB panel.  This acts as a search bar.  What would be nice is to have a left hand column similar to a TOC or a favorites panel that can be created inside the PB panel so that we can organize our PB  books more efficiently

Posts 3530
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2019 8:20 AM

DAL:
I’m 100% sure you mean new books from the existing catalog that have never been included in a base package before — not new books that aren’t part of the existing catalog and that all of a sudden will magically appear in the new Logos 9 base packages.  If memory serves me correctly, I don’t think that’s ever been done before.

I think it has been done before, but I can't remember any specific examples of resources offhand. It has definitely been done in base package-like feature-enhanced libraries.

Posts 3842
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2019 8:22 AM

1) Carta

2) Improved touch screen options

3) I'd like to see more tools verses datasets like interactives and such.  Maybe an update of all the older ones like the Jewish calendar which needs to be updated each year.  I'd love to see a new batch of Logos infographics as well.

4) Rose-Hendrickson Publishing materials.  They make numerous infograph and chart books that would be amazingly helpful in Logos.

5) Expanded mobile experience (if possible) as not all desktop options are available on mobile.  I know the hardware is the limiting factor but I'd like to see discourse analysis and the outline features on mobile someday.  Interactives as well.

Posts 63
Bill | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2019 8:34 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
What are the most important things we should solve for Logos 9?

Thank you for asking and for considering my thoughts

• What general themes or areas should we focus on?

Ease of use, Speed and completing current tools and features and tagging

• What bugs should we fix?

Continue fixing all known bugs in desktop and mobile quickly, I think a good job of this is being done now for the most part, I'm thankful for the forums pointing these out and your teams responses and follow up. it just seems I see that Logos' new roll outs seem plagued with incomplete features and bugs more than other software programs I use. I realize that is a complicated issue, but it is frustrating to the end user. Having the most features in an application is only as good as the quality and ease of use of those features

One perceived bug in the mobile app is the persistent lag or hang when loading and swiping between multiple tabs containing resources with notes, highlights or visual filters turned on. This happens on line, but is worse offline on iPad 2 Logos version 8 stable and 8.10Beta

• What improvements should we make to existing features?

Logos 8 is already loaded with features and tools, The forums are full of suggestions, if only one could easily search the forums. MJ, Rosie, Dave Hooton, Graham Criddle, Keep Smiling, Mark Barnes and many others are the voices to seek

Before adding more features and tools, Please make current features complete and user friendly. That includes complete tagging, data types and sets. Examples tools- Notes, Canvas, Workflows, Search, Guides, Visual Filters, Bible Browser, etc.

• What new features should we add?

Implement theological and denominational tagging previously requested in previously requested in these forums. I understand that some form of this is being worked on. would like to see it in 9 (desktop)

Ability to select multiple resources in the collection tool and drag and drop them into the "add these resources " or "minus these resources" pane (desktop)

More formatting options in Notes (desktop and mobile) and better continuity in applying them between desktop and mobile

Search builder or more user friendly search capability (desktop)

Ability to scroll within a popup in order to read the text before and after the reference for context purposes(see  the Olive Tree bible app for examples) Currently the popup is suppose to include the entire reference range but even this is not consistent (desktop & mobile)

Ability to see a popup of a reference linked in a note (mobile)

Currently there doesn't seem to be a way to choose or prioritise a lexicon or dictionary for "Lookup" when a word is selected in the mobile app for definitions, occasionally the app chooses a concordance instead of a lexicon or dictionary, not helpful at all

• What new data sets should we build?

Complete what we have, including documentation first please

• What new books should we include?

Not much faith in"wiki" or "suggest a book" for this or suggesting new features the voting process doesn't get much response by users or Faithlife. and they languish there for eternity it seems like community bids

I may be wrong, but It seems to me that more users use the forums than any other tool you have for answering our concerns, questions and suggestions regarding new books, features, typos, bugs, etc. It would seem good and more efficient if separate topic headings were set up and constantly monitored by the various departments at Faithlife in these forums for these and other suggestions and topics, just as there are for Logos 8, Logos Mobile and the like.

What does your ideal Logos 9 upgrade look like? What would make Logos 9 an irresistible upgrade for you?

Possibly the ability to mix and match or remove categories of resources from different traditions or from within a base package

If different, what should we do to win the next generation of new users?

It seems a much more powerful mobile app and touch and pen support are the way to go

Posts 2437
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2019 10:18 AM

DAL:
Oh yeah, how much did you invest right off the bat? — taxes and everything else included.  Give us the actual price, I’m sure you won’t mind sharing that with us.

Let's try remedial reading: You invest in what matters most to you. Counting the cost isn't always apparent on a price tag.

I have over $40K in Logos. What I spent on the computer is spit.

What part of that don't you understand? 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 7214
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2019 11:08 AM

mab:

DAL:

Let's try remedial reading: You invest in what matters most to you. Counting the cost isn't always apparent on a price tag.

I have over $40K in Logos. What I spent on the computer is spit.

What part of that don't you understand? 

The part I don’t understand is the part you seem to miss — Logos needs speed and it’s a proven fact experienced by others too.  Not everyone has over $40K invested in Logos like you “claim” you have.  I kind of doubt it, but that’s not the point.  It seems kind of odd and funny (even hilarious) that you are willing to brag about having invested “over” $40K in Logos, but you will not tell us the actual price you paid for your “Spit” laptop, ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I have a lot invested in Logos too and upgraded my laptop also and it still lags and slows down other programs. So I expect the software to function properly without me having to spend another fortune on a machine to be able to run it.  It‘s a reasonable request everybody has asked, including Rosie who has actually invested in Logos more than you and her investment is real not like your so called hypothetical “over $40K” and you can’t even say how much you actually paid for your spit laptop.  That’s a great way to support your point!  Great job ๐Ÿ˜‚

So anyway, keep lying to yourself about your nonsense “count the cost” metaphor.  It doesn’t apply here nor your fake hypothetical arrogant “over $40K” investment. Your spit laptop investment is probably fake too and that’s why you’re not telling us.

Ok, bye now ๐Ÿ‘‹ 

Ps. So how was that for remedial reading? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Posts 647
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2019 11:09 AM

1. Speed. The constant message (Not Responding) is frustrating.

2. Make graphics editable to suit specific teaching purpose.

Overall, I like Logos, use it daily, and very grateful for it!

Posts 7214
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2019 11:15 AM

Ted Weis:

1. Speed. The constant message (Not Responding) is frustrating.

2. Make graphics editable to suit specific teaching purpose.

Overall, I like Logos, use it daily, and very grateful for it!

Hey Mabby (mab)! “Remedial read” this post too! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Posts 68
Diego Lara | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2019 11:22 AM

I like Logos 8 as it is. But it you could add Dark Mode that would be awesome. Accordance has added that to their latest release. 

Posts 7214
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2019 11:25 AM

Anyway, I love Logos! I’ve even contributed translating for their Spanish department and earned awesome resources with them in the past.  I’ve invested a lot in upgrades and resources since 2004 and for a decade made a living using Logos.  Very helpful program, but it’s not perfect! The point of the Logos 9wishlist is to suggest what improvements Logos could make, not about what some have done to ease the lack of speed issue.  That right there doesn’t solve the problem, it only “patches” the problem and patches don’t last forever (so much for the counting the cost metaphor).  I have spoken! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘Œ

DAL

Posts 18352
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2019 11:32 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
what should we do to win the next generation of new users?

Can you imagine integration of worship songs with Bible Study ? (that quickly works well)

Lyrics in a Hillsong Worship song include: "One Name holds weight above them all" that could be integrated with Names of God (listen to Hillsong Worship while learning about Names of God). Album "No Other Name" includes a few Names of God so a Song Guide (or Workflow) includes scripture basis for lyrics.

Wonder about worship music expression of Bible passages ? (possibly with video like "Watch the Word" Bible) Still remember John 14:1-7 words from an Easter cantata a number of decades ago.

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
What would make Logos 9 an irresistible upgrade for you?

Hebrew/Aramaic read aloud with cantillation chanting (desire to learn/memorize/meditate on many passages). Thread => Hebrew Audio Bible - Another Appeal began on 13 Nov 2015. UserVoice => Audio Hebrew

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 4 of 31 (616 items) ยซ First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last ยป | RSS