You have temporary access to this product

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3925
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 10 2020 12:21 PM

Logos.com now shows a temporary access reminder in the order box for any individual resource that we don't own. Nice!

Thanks for adding this feature!

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 4432
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 20 2020 6:41 PM

YesYes

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.” - St. John of the Cross

Posts 6
Jim Martone | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 26 2020 2:13 PM

But what does it mean?

Posts 2048
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 26 2020 2:27 PM

Jim Martone:

But what does it mean?

It means you can own it for the price quoted.    Or stay content with a temporary license. 

Posts 6
Jim Martone | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 26 2020 5:22 PM

Thanks, but the product page doesn't look quite like the image in this thread above.  There is no "Open in Logos" button.  Only, "Add to Cart", "Quick Buy" and "Add to wish list".  I don't find the resource in my library either online or on my computer either.

Under what circumstances would a resource be given with temporary access?  I think I've seen some rentals and that makes sense, but I've done nothing like that.

Posts 4432
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 26 2020 6:06 PM

Logos and Verbum Basic, Faithlife Connect, Verbum Now, and Verbum Cloud are all examples.

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.” - St. John of the Cross

Posts 6
Jim Martone | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 28 2020 11:30 AM

Thank you, but I use Logos 8 local computer install.

Posts 30209
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 28 2020 11:33 AM

Just to make sure there is no misunderstanding. Most of the products listed in SineNomine's post are local installs.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 6
Jim Martone | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 29 2020 7:29 AM

I'm sure it's just me being a bit obtuse and also not very skilled in all things Logos/Faith Life, but I'm trying to understand 2 things primarily.

1.  What determines if a resource is temporary.  I see several temporary resources in my library, but all my resources have been acquired the same way, either they came with a package (which I would have purchased many years ago since the last time I purchased a Logos upgrade or resource collections) or as purchase from the store (e.g.,  monthly free resource, special offers or outright purchase). 
  2. We were discussing resource in above in this thread (The New American Standard Bible (NASB) Reverse Interlinears Set).  @PetahChristian posted pic showing temporary access reminder on the product page.  The image above has 2 buttons, "Open in Logos" and "Add to Cart".  My product page shows the temporary access reminder but I can only "Add to Cart" or "Add to wish list" and the product does not show in my library at all.
Posts 2366
LogosEmployee

Jim Martone:
What determines if a resource is temporary.  I see several temporary resources in my library, but all my resources have been acquired the same way, either they came with a package (which I would have purchased many years ago since the last time I purchased a Logos upgrade or resource collections) or as purchase from the store (e.g.,  monthly free resource, special offers or outright purchase). 

As suggested in SineNomine's post above, the various Logos 8 basic packages you "purchased" for free make all of their resources available as temporary licenses.

Jim Martone:
We were discussing resource in above in this thread (The New American Standard Bible (NASB) Reverse Interlinears Set).  @PetahChristian posted pic showing temporary access reminder on the product page.  The image above has 2 buttons, "Open in Logos" and "Add to Cart".  My product page shows the temporary access reminder but I can only "Add to Cart" or "Add to wish list" and the product does not show in my library at all.

The reverse interlinear resources can't be opened independently. They are a dataset, not a readable resource. The image above likely isn't from the Reverse Interlinears set product page. You might see something similar to the picture on this page: https://www.logos.com/product/558/eastons-bible-dictionary

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS