What is MJ up to now???

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 28756
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 19 2020 1:42 AM

Okay, I have bumped this week's much smaller list of posts still needing responses. Why do I append a number (or something)? Because the software doesn't allow me to create duplicate responses. I need to make the responses unique.

Why all the resurrecting of ancient posts? Well, Faithlife's request for Logos 9 features made me wonder, how much of what was requested a decade ago (L4's release) has been done? How have the users' requests for features changed? A high percentage of the items requested a decade ago have been addressed, some more successfully than others. What was fascinating was that it was the small requests that add polish to the product that were least likely to be done. The larger requests were generally completed. One of my current concerns is that the little annoying things discourage people from using/learning Logos features or make informal "sales demos" go south. Therefore, I resurrected some of the well-aged requests to remind users of what bothered us when we were looking at Logos with new eyes. Over the last decade, we've become accustomed to our limitations and work-arounds. I want some block of time - before, during, or after Logos 9 -- to concentrate on the small changes that would make our lives easier. And by "our" I mean professors, students, pastors, assistant pastors, faith formation directors, worship planners, lectors, volunteers, laity, pew warmers, missionaries, translators... we all deserve to have our needs heard and met in a systematic, prioritized, and economically feasible way.

So yes, please, post suggestions for the little things.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 207
James Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 19 2020 6:36 AM

MJ, you are amazing!

Thanks for this labour of love - it is very much appreciated by us everday Logos users.

Working together we can make Logos the best, most-polished Bible-study software on the market and make our many thousands of dollars already spent worth the investment.

Here's to FL fixing these many bugs and feature requests to make studying the bible effective, efficient and enjoyable (sorry-  3 point alliteration - can't help it!!)

Thanks again and keep up the good work,

Every blessing,

James

Posts 556
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 19 2020 8:49 AM

James Hudson:

MJ, you are amazing!

Yes

Posts 3763
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 19 2020 8:56 AM

Not a little thing in my estimation but probably the #1 improvement I'd like to see: either no delay or considerably shorter one in autolists population.

Another not so small thing, keep developing the search side-panel templates for more options, flexibility and ability to conduct powerful searches. 

A small thing: implement default styling per notebook in the Notes Tool so that we don't have to change all the time between frequently, notebook-specific, styles.

Might add other items later on.

Posts 643
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 19 2020 9:44 AM

Gordon Jones is right onBig Smile

Posts 257
John C Connell Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 19 2020 12:55 PM

How about a "Format Painter" for Notes?

Be strong and courageous. . . for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS