Important Information about Monthly Change Overs for Faithlife Connect

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 185
LogosEmployee
Daniel Motley (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 30 2020 3:08 PM

Hello,

My name is Daniel Motley and I am the team lead for the Live Products team here at Faithlife. 

I wanted to make you aware of a major change beginning February 1st regarding the timeline for all promotions (with some exceptions). Starting February 1st, Faithlife Connect monthly benefits will appear at 10 AM rather than at midnight. This represents a ten hour shift forward.

Q. Why are you doing this?

A. Midnight launches cause unnecessary strain and have led to errors that could have been avoided during the course of a normal work day. This also allows our hard working teams a good night’s sleep :)

Q. What does this mean for Connect Benefits for ten hours on February 1?

A. It just means that your January benefits will carry over until 10 AM PST. Enjoy living in the past for a short time!

Our goal is to serve you all in the best way we can. We’ve found that midnight launches more often than not lead to errors that do not allow us to put our best foot forward. Our hope is that this change will make a big difference.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I’ll be happy to answer!

Product Manager, Faithlife

Posts 175
Martin Hall | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 30 2020 8:10 PM

Thank you for the heads up!

Posts 501
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 31 2020 6:42 AM

Makes sense to me.   Thank you...

Posts 3475
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 31 2020 11:00 AM

Daniel Motley (Faithlife):
Starting February 1st, Faithlife Connect monthly benefits will appear at 10 AM rather than at midnight.

I know you're thinking in Pacific Time, and you know you're thinking in Pacific Time, and later in your message you say that you're thinking in Pacific Standard Time, which will no longer be true in April, but....

Posts 185
LogosEmployee
Daniel Motley (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 31 2020 11:48 AM

SineNomine:

Daniel Motley (Faithlife):
Starting February 1st, Faithlife Connect monthly benefits will appear at 10 AM rather than at midnight.

I know you're thinking in Pacific Time, and you know you're thinking in Pacific Time, and later in your message you say that you're thinking in Pacific Standard Time, which will no longer be true in April, but....

I honestly had no idea that there was a difference and now I have learned something new. Thanks for that!

Product Manager, Faithlife

Posts 3116
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 1 2020 5:46 PM

Did people really stay until Midnight to get this stuff? Stick out tongue

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 28232
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 2 2020 8:58 PM

David Taylor Jr:
Did people really stay until Midnight to get this stuff?

Smile Probably, but that isn't really the primary issue. With many users having the morning BEFORE Faithlife employees getting settled into work on the West Coast, problems arose. If you were to skim through all of the posts, for example, which said something like "the code doesn't work!" you would find MANY such posts between 8AM and Noon Eastern time... where "noon" would only be 9AM in Bellingham. With this new policy, the employees can get settled and make sure everything is ready to go live "on time." 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3116
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 2 2020 8:59 PM

JT (alabama24):

David Taylor Jr:
Did people really stay until Midnight to get this stuff?

Smile Probably, but that isn't really the primary issue. With many users having the morning BEFORE Faithlife employees getting settled into work on the West Coast, problems arose. If you were to skim through all of the posts, for example, which said something like "the code doesn't work!" you would find MANY such posts between 8AM and Noon Eastern time... where "noon" would only be 9AM in Bellingham. With this new policy, the employees can get settled and make sure everything is ready to go live "on time." 

Ah yes, that actually makes a lot of sense.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS