Bid on resource and preorder without credit card

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 70
Michael | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 9 2020 5:01 AM

Hello,

I wanted to know if there's any way to bid on a resource or to preorder without a credit card? As (in Germany) many people don't have credit cards, we can't use those great offers, which is very disappointing. Maybe there's some other way or maybe there could be a change to that in the future?

Posts 2596
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 9 2020 5:28 AM

There is a workaround:

Add enough Logos credit to your account. Then look up the dummy credit card numbers from Visa or Mastercard, and place the pre-order with one of them. Make sure to select to use Logos credit for the pre-order, and not the actual credit card, as it can't be used for purchases.

Another workaround:

Get a free debit card, for example from TransferWise, load sufficient money onto it, and use the card for your purchase as if it were a credit card. It's basically like a German bank card, but has a credit card number associated with it. (If you need a "Tell your friend" link to register for TransferWise, let me know, so both uf us will get a small bonus.)

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 70
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 11 2020 12:41 PM

Jan Krohn:

There is a workaround:

Add enough Logos credit to your account. Then look up the dummy credit card numbers from Visa or Mastercard, and place the pre-order with one of them. Make sure to select to use Logos credit for the pre-order, and not the actual credit card, as it can't be used for purchases.

Another workaround:

Get a free debit card, for example from TransferWise, load sufficient money onto it, and use the card for your purchase as if it were a credit card. It's basically like a German bank card, but has a credit card number associated with it. (If you need a "Tell your friend" link to register for TransferWise, let me know, so both uf us will get a small bonus.)

Thank you for your reply! The first workaround works fine at the moment and helped me to bid on and pre-order the resources I wanted Yes

But nevertheless I'd be very happy if Logos adds more payment methods for those cases!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS