SUGGESTION: Link for bibliography items not offered by Faithlife

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Posts 32592
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 16 2020 4:36 PM

The LST's recommended reading not necessarily being available in Logos highlights a long standing problem ... links to books not offered by Logos. I would like to suggest that those not available in Logos be linked to WorldCat so that users can find the nearest library with the resource. See https://www.worldcat.org/

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5324
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 16 2020 6:36 PM

In addition to MJ's request, which would be helpful, I would like to repeat a suggestion I made many years ago (tbh, FL may have already implemented this idea, but if not, it would be a massive help if they did). When FL was still just Logos, they only created hyperlinks for resources that were already included in their stable of available resources. The problem is that when they acquired new products, links to those products were not included in the older products that had citations of the newly acquired resource. My suggestion (first made about a decade ago) is that FL ought to write and include the hyperlinks for ALL references and citations that occur in Logos published resources, even if the hyperlinks won't initially link to anything because the cited work is not published in Logos by FL. In this way, if FL does eventually acquire the cited resource, all previously published resources would instantly have active links "ready to go". I know that in years past, this was a significant problem--users would have two resources in Logos, and one would cite the other, but the citation was "non-linked". Since having actively-hyperlinked resources is one of the PRIMARY marketing pitches for the Logos platform, all such dead links are essentially a breach of contract. I hope FL will address this issue, if they haven't already.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS