Create searchable (versified) list of sermons with metadata and media-links - How do I do it??

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Josh Kass | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 28 2020 2:31 PM

Hey everyone, I am new to the forum. I am sorry if this has been answered before, I am just not sure how to search for it, though I did try.

I have a collection of about 200 sermons (mp3 files + pdf handouts), each part of a sermon-series (of anywhere between 2 and 20). Also each with a title. 

What I want to do is this:

1. Add this collection of sermons 'database' to Logos (like a spreadsheet of sermon titles, media, passage, etc...), so that when I search a passage from anywhere in Logos, and there is a passage that matches (i.e. one of these sermons is on that passage), it is returned as a resource, like any other resource that has matching information (commentary, illustration, etc..) in Logos.
  2. For each of these, be able to build some notes for each sermon, describing parallel passages, key topics, illustrations, etc - this is what is returned when there is a match.
  3. Have a link for each one to the .mp3 file I have on my system to listen to it.
  4. In a sense, this would work like treating each sermon as a mini-book, where it knows all the passages it references, media file links, speaker, topic, series, etc.. (i know I have to add all that), so that when I search, for example "1Tim2.2", Logos would show me, among all resources that match this, that I also have a sermon from this collection that I could see and listen to.

I would assume there is a way to do this, but I have no idea where to start. Any help is really appreciated!

Thanks!

josh

Posts 2631
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 28 2020 3:40 PM

One option that gets you most of what you want, if you don't mind making your sermons public and don't mind a little setup work would be to upload them to https://sermons.faithlife.com

This has support for tagging with Bible references, topics, and series, as well as uploading associated files. The Faithlife Sermons section of the Everything search in the application will return results from this web site, as will the Faithlife Sermons guide section. You can even limit those results to just showing sermons you've uploaded.

Andrew Batishko | Faithlife software developer

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS