Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 611
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jun 28 2010 12:54 PM

Watching the videos I have noticed that in the left hand lens from our perspective there is a strange and distracting effect occurring. This is much more pronounced in the Hebrew videos but also occurs in the Greek ones. 

God Bless

Graham

Pastor - NTCOG Basingstoke

Posts 10826
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 28 2010 6:17 PM

Graham Owen:

Watching the videos I have noticed that in the left hand lens from our perspective there is a strange and distracting effect occurring. This is much more pronounced in the Hebrew videos but also occurs in the Greek ones. 

What particular effect do you find distracting?

Posts 611
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 30 2010 8:44 AM

Jack Caviness:

Watch the outline of the presenters face in the left lens and it looks like a chunk has been taken out of their head, actually its not distracting until you notice it but once you know its there it is.

God Bless

Graham

Posts 10826
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 30 2010 7:25 PM

Graham Owen:

Jack Caviness:

Watch the outline of the presenters face in the left lens and it looks like a chunk has been taken out of their head, actually its not distracting until you notice it but once you know its there it is.

I believe that is caused by his glasses, something like looking through the wrong end of a telescope.

Posts 19263
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 30 2010 7:40 PM

Jack Caviness:

Graham Owen:

Jack Caviness:

I believe that is caused by his glasses, something like looking through the wrong end of a telescope.

Yes, that's a natural optical effect from his lens. He must have very poor vision and very thick glasses. You can see that sometimes when you look at a person face-to-face or in a photograph, too. Here's another example - a very myopic kid. Sorry to hear it's so distracting to you.

Posts 611
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 1 2010 1:00 AM

Rosie Perera:
Sorry to hear it's so distracting to you.

I'm away on a business trip and had time last night to properly watch about 3 hours of the Hebrew lessons, great material and very well presented.

Interesting side effect is that I have now adjusted to the effect so its far less distracting also when you get into the actual lessons (rather than skipping through the chapters) because its a Logos 4 screen we're looking at the effect is simply not there. 

God Bless

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS